Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Mashnut3161
To all my ladies with an invisible illness. ***UPDATE IN RED***
November 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/od/forfriendsfamily/a/Things-Not-To-Say-To-Someone-With-Fibromyalgia-Or-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome.htm

everyone should read this. It applies to every invisible illness, and talks about all of them, not just MS. and MS is horrible and an ivisible illness that people who don't have understand, just like chronic pain and chronic fatigue and the side effects of epilepsy.

I created a Facebook page dedicated to Invisible Illness. I am trying to spread the word. Yes I know it seems pointless. But since I can't work or go back to school. I need a hobby and something productive to do. Besides just being a SAHM. I love that part of my life, But I have to have something else too. SO..

Its not much. I just started today. Anyone can add stuff. And if I missed an illness feel free to add it or PM the message box of FB it goes straight to my personal FB.

http://www.facebook.com/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt?ref=hl#!/InvisibleIllnessLetsGetLoudAboutIt

Replies

• 4noodles4me
    November 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    I have severe Graves Disease. People just think I am too small (102 lbs). They have no clue. Its hell
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I will read it.
    I am in the process of being diagnosed with MS.
    Current diagnosis is "demyelinating disease" until I can get the MRI to confirm MS.
    On the outside I look healthy, but you can't see that I haven't felt my left leg in over 2 years, the weakness all over, my vision issues, and everything else.
  • ittybit2012
    November 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    My mom has fibromyalgia. I have a friend with systemic lupus. Thank you for putting this up. Maybe someone will take the time to educate themselves.
  • jillian_G1
    November 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    Quoting 4noodles4me:

I have severe Graves Disease. People just think I am too small (102 lbs). They have no clue. Its hell

Where do you live?? Just curious I have a cousin on my moms side who has Graves' disease.
  • Mashnut3161
    November 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Your all welcome. I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy, chronic pain. and they still haven't figured out everything else wrong with me. That's just the start.  My sister was diagnosed with systemic lupus. I think many people don't understand that just because we look healthy and they might see us up walking around, doesn't mean that we aren't going through hell. It just means that we are just choosing to try to fight to live our lives as normal as possible.

• Michellina11234
    November 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

bump for me  to read later

• RelaxedMom2-3
    November 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Thank you for this post. I have had epilepsy for 34 years, almost all my life. It really sucks.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Thank you for sharing this.

I've been having a really hard time lately.
    I've fallen into a depression because I just want to feel well and no one understands.
    I seriously hate feeling so useless and sickly.

• Mommy2b2324
    November 8, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. its horrible. my body doesn't metabolize meds well so I suffer more than have relief.
  • eesmommy
    November 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    I have fibromyalgia... I find only Ribose and plenty of sleep makes me feel normal.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts