November 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Replies

• usmcwifey11
    November 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    I don't care what you do with your children. I, on the other hand, want more for my children than to be just 'fine'.
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    Congrats! I however aim a little higher than " fine" for my own kids
  • happinessforyou
    November 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

"People need to lighten the fuck up".

Never gonna happen.....

• mich.el.le
    November 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Ever gotten into a car accident with them? 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Mine are perfect, really. No health problems, other than slight ADD, smart, good attitudes, we're doing more than fine.

Quoting svolkov:

• AntzMom24
    November 7, 2012 at 10:40 AM

So did we! People forget how THEY were raised. Think about your childhood. Would you let your children go riding their bikes around the neighborhood ALL DAY LONG? Because I sure did growing up. "Getting lost" was my favorite thing to do with my little sister. Car seats were optional, medicine was handed out like candy, parents let us run around at all hours, spankings were the norm, and guess what. We survived. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

DH did, once. They were both front facing at about 23 months and 14 months. They were fine, although DH had a broken bone in his leg and multiple cuts (he was wearing a seatbelt). Kids didn't have a scratch on them.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Ever gotten into a car accident with them? 

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Then statistically speaking they are all lucky. One car accident with a forward facing infant would have changed that. Glad they all never had that

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine are perfect, really. No health problems, other than slight ADD, smart, good attitudes, we're doing more than fine.

Quoting svolkov:

• casedellic.
    November 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    She never forward faced an infant and even so there is no guarantee it would end badly, odds are just higher.

Quoting svolkov:

Then statistically speaking they are all lucky. One car accident with a forward facing infant would have changed that. Glad they all never had that

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    11 months is an infant

Quoting casedellic.:

She never forward faced an infant and even so there is no guarantee it would end badly, odds are just higher.

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts