November 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

Replies

• xtwistedxlovex
    November 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

You cannot claim the 'just fine' card on car seat safety if you haven't been in a serious accident with them in the vehicle. Yeah, I can get from point A to point B with my kid unbelted and unharmed too - UNLESS we get in an accident, in which case he's probably going to be seriously injured, maybe even die. Safety belts and seats are there IN CASE OF AN ACCIDENT and therefor "just fine" doesn't mean a damned thing unless you've been in one.

The rest of the issues, whatever. I don't care to argue. But it annoys the hell out of me when someone claims it's perfectly safe to ride without proper restraints based on the fact that they were lucky enough not to need them.

• MistyMoo
    November 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    I don't even remember being in a car seat tbh! LOL I did all of that too AND I also refuse to medicate my autistic son. We just tightens up on discipline and it works pretty good.

Quoting AntzMom24:

So did we! People forget how THEY were raised. Think about your childhood. Would you let your children go riding their bikes around the neighborhood ALL DAY LONG? Because I sure did growing up. "Getting lost" was my favorite thing to do with my little sister. Car seats were optional, medicine was handed out like candy, parents let us run around at all hours, spankings were the norm, and guess what. We survived. 

• ff-princess
    November 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM

nothing thicker than a windbreaker.  the puffiness of the jacket gives you the false illusion that they are strapped in tightly.  however, in a crash the puffiness deflates and the child is thrown forward further than they would have if no puffy jacket, and is in more danger of injury.

Quoting Anonymous:

Serious question, are you not supposed to buckle them in with a coat on?

• Barronbaby
    November 7, 2012 at 11:25 AM
    yes, it states in the user manuals NO BULKY CLOTHING are to be worn in the carseat.

Quoting ninjakids:

Wait... People take their kids jackets off to put them in their carseats ?
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    In the winter time, in negative temps, I'm not going to take my kids' coats off...i'm not op btw. I had never heard of taking their coats off before buckling them until CM.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

the only thing that concerns me is that you put them in the car seat with coats on. it is very dangerous to do that and they could be hurt worse if you were ever in an accident. but i have done everything else you have done and my kids are perfectly fine also

Quoting Anonymous:

I refused to breast feed both of my children

I turned their car seats around at 11 months old

I bought them booster seats at four years old

I buckle them in with their coats on

I let them play outside in the yard without watching them closly

I refuse to medicate my add child

I vaccine 

I let my kids sleep with me when they want to, but they are capable of sleeping in their own beds as well.

And they are just fine. They're healthy, have never had any problems, make straight a's, and are at the top of their class in school, and teacher's favorites.

People need to lighten the fuck up.

• parentalrights1
    Yeah kids turn out fine despite shitty parenting all the time but I'm not gonna just not give a shit like you did
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

My parents were abusive and neglectful and I survived. Hell, I'm a normal functioning member of society and no one would ever know that I had a piss poor childhood by looking at me. Just because you survived through something doesn't mean it's the best way to do it. Everyone should do their own research and decide what is best for their own children and not just blindly follow what their parents did because they survived.

Quoting AntzMom24:

So did we! People forget how THEY were raised. Think about your childhood. Would you let your children go riding their bikes around the neighborhood ALL DAY LONG? Because I sure did growing up. "Getting lost" was my favorite thing to do with my little sister. Car seats were optional, medicine was handed out like candy, parents let us run around at all hours, spankings were the norm, and guess what. We survived. 

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    November 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

you do realize that the author's "true story" has been debunked and is a slew of falsehoods?

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

You ever read the book A Child Called It? Yeah he turned out just fine too, doesnt mean we should do that shit. 

• Liyoness

You made stupid choices and your kids are just fine? Okay... Here's a cookie with some rat poison - eat it. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

• MistyMoo
    LOL my kids would freeze their little asses off if I had to take their jackets off!

Quoting ninjakids:

Wait... People take their kids jackets off to put them in their carseats ?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts