Mom Confessions

Candymonster
i thought babies weren't able to be spoiled...then what the f***?!
October 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM

My 11 week old won't sleep by himself ._. We moved recently so we haven't been able to take the crib, so he's slept in our arms till he was all the way out, then we put him in a snugrocker. Now we have his bassinet set up, so we want to try putting him in there...he won't go to sleep...the moment he gets set down, he wakes up! x_x .... what happened to all the "babies don't get spoiled." shit I heard before....ah...lol 

edit:
;) guess I confused a lot of you guys. I know already that babies don't become spoiled too early, I was just kidding about that part. Little one just seems like he's spoiled because he's clingy, but I know he's not. :P

Replies

• harpsichord
    October 28, 2012 at 7:57 AM
    He probably just feels safe and secure in your arms
  • shajdinyak
    October 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    All babies are different.
  • Candymonster
    October 28, 2012 at 7:58 AM

._. ....if that is the case, then... ;-; awww sweet baby<3 ... but goodness I can't just hold him all the time x_x 

Quoting harpsichord:

He probably just feels safe and secure in your arms

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    He's not spoiled. He needs you. Your breath and heart rate help him regulate his own. Your scent and arms comfort him. I promise, he's not mentally capable of being spoiled yet. Give him what he needs and both your lives will be easier.
  • Candymonster
    October 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I can't sleep with him though D: I can't even hold him too long because he overheats WAYYY too easily and sweats. Even with a high power fan and him stripped to his diaper :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not spoiled. He needs you. Your breath and heart rate help him regulate his own. Your scent and arms comfort him. I promise, he's not mentally capable of being spoiled yet. Give him what he needs and both your lives will be easier.

• armybratmom612
    October 28, 2012 at 8:04 AM
    A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this
  • Candymonster
    October 28, 2012 at 8:05 AM

How long till they got use to it?

Quoting armybratmom612:

A problem a lot of the time is their dislike of the bassinet if they are not used to it. Every time I changed where my children slept they did this

• mommytotwonow
    October 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM

he needs you. try wearing him (they LOVE that) maybe put him down on his belly. both of mine were belly sleepers from an early age.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 28, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    I guess since he sweats he doesn't need you after all....
    Ever think that a baby who sweats like that might ought to see a dr?

Quoting Candymonster:

I can't sleep with him though D: I can't even hold him too long because he overheats WAYYY too easily and sweats. Even with a high power fan and him stripped to his diaper :( 

Quoting Anonymous:

• xomrs.chase
    October 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    Ds was like that for the first 3mo.
    Dh and I took 4hr shifts. One awake with him, one asleep

Mom Confessions