Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
immediate help please *response update
by Anonymous
October 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Please don't critize me for saying this. I just need advise. Well my 8yo dd's hair is super super thick. Mexican /Indian mixture We have always had problem with her head being extra sesitive. Her hair when she was younger was past her butt. When she became 6 1/2 she no longer wanted anyone to brush her hair. So we let her manage her own hair and refuses to brush it herself and refuses to let anyone else brush it. Well I cut it short and sent 16 1/2 inches to locks for love. Now she is 8 and her hair is back to the middle of her back. She tells us she brushes it pulls it up in a pony tail and we leave for school. Well I just went to take it down and cut it shorter and her hair is so matted to her scalp in the center of her brashed hair idk what to do. I put massive conditioner and olive oil in her hair to try and brush through she threw such a tantrum the neighbors called the cops. Which is why I usually avoid getting her upset because every time she is upset the neighbors call the cops. What do I do to get her hair brushed out? Btw I can't afford to go to a salon and have them do it. My bffl says the way my dd acts that a salon would just refuse her anyways.

*oh the whole response on the bob cut. That is what my plan was I just need to get the mats out before it can be cut. If I don't get them out she will have uneven hair cut.
*She can only use Johnson and Johnson if I use other shampoos she breaks out in little bumps and itches all night. I use mane & tail on my hair though.
*for the Mommy about threatened to shave her hair I have done that. She just says no you won't which she is right.
This is the cut she has agreed to get I offered a pixie cut she says this one she likes link on pg.4

*mayo /egg (lol salad dressing) is now set into her hair. How long do I leave it? Or am I supposed to be brushing it while in her hair?
*It is now half cut and brushed finally 4hrs later. The bendryl knocked her out. So when she wakes up in the morning I will finish the cut. Wow thank you to the supportive mommies who did not belittle or put down me or my daughter.

Replies

• edelweiss23
    October 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    Cut it off again
  • kansasmom1978
    October 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

My daughter knows that either her hair is brushed or it's short. 

• lancet98
    October 27, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Go to the nearest horse gear store, and buy a product called 'Show Sheen'.   Spray it on her hair - it will be very easy to detangle and in fact will cut tangling to a minimum

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    Wash her hair every day with deep container and you come home her hair twice a day. Then tell your neighbors to F off. Do the cops come
  • opinionatedmom
    October 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM

avon sells a detangler comb. and honsetly  if she wont take care of it I would cut it short and leave it short. consenquences for her actions.

• cnlsmommy
    October 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    Time, little bits at a time. Start at the tips and work towards the roots. This may take days and days to get worked out. I would say that she has proven herself unable to manage it alone though and she either gets a super short cut or you take over care. I've also heard mayo (real stuff) is good.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Mine too.  You either brush your hair, or we cut it off.  My daughter is almost 7 and complains almost every time I brush.  She didn't use to.  I understand that maybe her head is sensitive, but I am not going to fight with a 7 year old every morning, just to look presentable.  And I am talking about brushing it with detangler and a soft brush and pulling it into a pony tail....not making her wear it all done up or anything.  So far, she has decided that she or I will brush it.  

But if you daughter's hair is really matted, I would cut it ALL off.  JMO.

• Gealach
    by Gealach
    October 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    Give her something to bite on and just get to it with a comb.

Maybe you should keep it in a bob
  • sthflachk
    October 27, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    I had to unmat my aunts hair in the hospital...after 2 weeks of her laying on it. It took hours. I sectioned it as best I could and used Aussie leave in conditioner spray, I think, working my way up. But she was immobile and not complaining.
  • keeler_s
    October 27, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    Cut it off:/ good luck

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts