Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MissArtsyPants
Coffeeeeee
October 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

So, I'm ten weeks pregnant and have not had a sip of coffee since I've known (even before, I had it MAYBE twice...I'm more of a Chai Latte person). Anyways, tonight I was craving a Moolatte and I caved. Does anyone know how much caffeine is actually in one? I feel like there isn't much, but now I'm feeling like a bad person. At the same time, the issue with Coffee while pregnant is that it interferes with the absorption of Folate, which prevents Neural Tube defects and the Neural Tubes close at eight or nine weeks. Is one coffee going to do anything? GAH! I should have just avoided it and saved myself the stress ><

Replies

• Homeschoolmom99
    October 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I think you should be fine one coffee is ok a day I think

• armywifey26
    October 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I drank coffee daily with all of my pregnancies. All babies came out healthy with no problems. 

• momo3fgr8tteens
    October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I drank one cup of coffee each day with all three pregnancies. All three babies were perfectly fine. 

• Hannahluvsdogs
    October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

One coffee is not going to hurt anything.

• MissArtsyPants
    October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Thanks you guys, I feel relieved now! As I mentioned, I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do enjoy it on occasion...Especially when it's fatty, sugary, and topped with copious amounts of whipped cream. :)

• Mommavieve
    October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    I <3 Moolattes
  • kris_81
    by kris_81
    October 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    I'm sure everything will be just fine. Get decaf next time :-)
  • t1gger143
    October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    I drank a Rockstar everyday until I was 9 weeks. That's when I found out I was pregnant. He's perfectly fine although he is currently sleeping on me sweating like a pig
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I don't ever remember giving up coffee when I was expecting any of mine and they're all fine.  If you're really worried, call your OB and ask, but you and the baby are probably just fine.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts