Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MIAOFTALAMASCA
FOR ALL CESAREAN SECTION MOMMYS..
October 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM

How do you feel about your scar honestly??

I was told I was full previa.  My placenta slightly moved with every passing day, so there was a chance I could deliver vaginally, but maybe not. So I spent some time looking at and touching my smooth flawless belly and trying to imagine a scar there. Then I tried to imagine getting cut, (I have never had any sort of surgery before) and what if my infant gets injured????

Then I got nervous as my date approached. I talked to my man and kids about it and they felt nervous as well but I assured them that it was a common procedure and Mommy will be ok, (even though I wasnt really sure myself).  Then I went in to deliver and they gave me the thumbs up for vaginal.  My water broke on Fri, but Katya didnt come out til Tue.  I was in full labor overnight and the next day I started bleeding a LOT. Placenta ripping from the wall, they gotta do a c-section NOW. 

Now everythings flying all over the place, hospital gowns, blue disposal towels, IV's, doctors (I had three, and they were AMAZING.  I couldnt thank them enough), nurses, wheelchair, I'm getting strapped down. I told them as I left the labor room to "Please clean up the blood, I cant have my people seeing all of that."  Found out later that they didnt and my Mom walked in saw the bloody bed, Nurse telling her I went in for an emergency C.  My man, Mom, and three kids. My sweet loving family = worried sick.

I'm lying there, no time for a short prayer, I'm thinking about My man, My mom, the three little loves, my unborn. Now theyre smashing a mask into my face telling me to go to sleep.

Fast forward:  I think I am completely fascinated with my scar.  It is sensitive sometimes, numb at times, itchy at times. But what really fascinates me is the fact that I was CUT OPEN.  I still cant get over it and they reached in and pulled out a most perfect tiny girl.  The scar is bikini line, barely there, when I touch it, it feels like theres a sturdy chord or wire across it. When I push it, my man and I both feel it.  What is that? Scar tissue? I dont know, I feel it but cant see it.  When he pours peroxide on it and rubs over and beneath it it feel SO good. Relaxing. 

I can see myself in my bikini next summer.  Showing it off.  I am proud of it.  It saved my daughters life. Special thanks to Dr. Wiggins and Young and Sharah, you guys ROCK!!!!!!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I don't really feel anything toward it.  It's there but I don'y really pay any attention to it.

• silverdawn99
    October 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

my scar is right above my pelvic bone so i dont see it very often. it has been almost four years and it is almost completly gone

• starbuckmom03
    October 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I can't see mine very well.  It's a bikini one too.  Its pretty light as I have light skin. 

After my first ds was born, my chiropractor told me to massage that area while taking a shower.  That would take care of the scar tissue underneath.  At first it hurt but not long after, the scar tissue was gone. 

After my twins were born, I didn't worry about scar tissue.  Never felt any.  I do have a few bits of skin that are still a bit numb but all in all, I don't even know its there.

I am not proud, or happy that I have to have c/sections, but I wouldn't be here or have my 3 gorgeous boys!  Again, I don't want another c/section but then I wouldn't be able to have my little girl this next February!!

• mandy18192
    October 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Ehh I had a c-section... I don't pay attention to it lol but happy you're dd made it here safely
  • owl0210
    by owl0210
    October 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I can barely see my scar.  

• beaugrl0824
    October 26, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Yes your feeling scar tissue. I don't have feeling around mine and that's fine. But its a thin little white line and compared to the other scars(on both sides of my chest from chest tubes) I have its actually quite nice.
  • Memigen
    by Memigen
    October 26, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My scar I am completely okay with.  Unfortunately the "shelf" I have from 3 c-sections and being overweight I do not like.  But my scar I am proud of. :)

• ashleywright88
    October 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I hate my scar. I had twins and my doctor said that they were both facing down and I could deliver both vaginally. Well when I pushed out baby A (Eli) his brother quit breathing and his heart stopped. She had to do an emergency c-section. He was high up so she had to cut me from a little about the belly button down. Its a gross scar in my opinion and I will probably never wear a bikini but I do have a bangin' 1950's style bathing suit that is too cute. And just so everyone knows my son Legend was fine. He was on oxygen for less than an hour. I am lucky to have had two babies that were healthy and though I am self conscious about my scar I would do it all over again.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    Mine is at my bikini line. I don't pay attention to it. I won't ever be wearing a bikini again too many stretch marks..
  • Candymonster
    October 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
    I can't see it under my baby chunk ._. .....so yeahhh

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN