Mom Confessions

workingmama86
What's your phobia? ---UPDATE: Redid the link...
October 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Go to phobialist.com and look through the list and see what fear or fears you have! 

I have Musophobia (fear of mice), used to have Novercaphobia (fear of stepmom, lol, no joke either), obesophobia (fear of gaining weight), and slightly Omphalophobia (fear of belly buttons, i can't touch mine or someone elses! lol). 

That's just a short list of the fears I have, but the "major" ones from the list. 

What are your fears?

Replies

• southern.momof2
    October 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    I have an extreme fear of heights. I can't go more than a few steps up a ladder.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I'm sorry, they are not good fears to have.  Most of mine are childhood related. It would probably help if I could get counseling.

Quoting workingmama86:

i have a lot of those too... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse. This one comes from being two and being molested by an uncle and having no one do anything about it.

Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street. At 6 my mom almost pushed me in front of a car once cause she wanted me to hurry and cross the road. I'm sure she didn't see it, but I can't walk by the road anymore or cross the street, I can't even check the damn mail without having a panic attack first.

Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society. No explanation here I am just a freak.

Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders. IDK why but  I will wake from a dead sleep because one is on my wall. I can't be in the same room as a spider I lose my shit. It's bad.

Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting. Another childhood one. My parents forget me in a store at age four. Ever since I am terrified of being forgotten.

Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself. This has to do with the first one and the one above it.

Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak. This comes from being told I "am a girl and a child and should be seen and not heard and no one wants to hear what a dumb girl has to say anyways" my whole life.

• workingmama86
    October 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

mine too. And counselling can be helpful.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, they are not good fears to have.  Most of mine are childhood related. It would probably help if I could get counseling.

Quoting workingmama86:

i have a lot of those too... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Agraphobia- Fear of sexual abuse. This one comes from being two and being molested by an uncle and having no one do anything about it.

Agyrophobia- Fear of streets or crossing the street. At 6 my mom almost pushed me in front of a car once cause she wanted me to hurry and cross the road. I'm sure she didn't see it, but I can't walk by the road anymore or cross the street, I can't even check the damn mail without having a panic attack first.

Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society. No explanation here I am just a freak.

Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders. IDK why but  I will wake from a dead sleep because one is on my wall. I can't be in the same room as a spider I lose my shit. It's bad.

Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored or forgetting. Another childhood one. My parents forget me in a store at age four. Ever since I am terrified of being forgotten.

Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself. This has to do with the first one and the one above it.

Glossophobia- Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak. This comes from being told I "am a girl and a child and should be seen and not heard and no one wants to hear what a dumb girl has to say anyways" my whole life.

• hplesha
    by hplesha
    October 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM
    Spiders and bees
  • Devious333
    October 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
    Aicmophobia (fear of needles), Emetophobia (fear of vomiting, Lilapsophobia (fear of tornadoes), Mottephobia (fear of moths), Obesophobia (fear of gaining weight), Spheksophobia (fear of wasps), Teniophobia (fear of tape worms), Tomophobia (fear of surgical operations), Textophobia (fear of certain fabrics)...wow I have issues lol.
  • jenesis915
    October 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM

not just driving in one just being in one freaked me out

Quoting workingmama86:

wow, my stepsister had the fear of driving a car.. 

Quoting jenesis915:

Agoraphobia- Fear of open spaces or of being in crowded, public places like markets. Fear of leaving a safe place.    the crowded public place scares me enough for anxiety attacks

Amaxophobia- Fear of riding in a car. had this till i was 18

Basophobia or Basiphobia- Inability to stand. Fear of walking or falling. falling not hight falling lol

Cleptophobia- Fear of stealing. i think i have this! i cant steal if im taking something even simple i ask because i dont want to come off as stealing or something its realy weird if i steal or feel like im stealung i freak

im also afraid of silence didnt find it

• Mom2Phoenix2011
    October 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Leporiphobia, I am afraid of rabbits, and then there is not a phobia named for it but I am afraid of Mickey mouse.

• Gastromama2007
    October 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM
    I'm scared of the small space, and not being in control of it. I'm afraid of being stuck in one alone if it were to break down. I just hate everything about them!!

Quoting workingmama86:

is it because it's a little space that you are practically trapped in until the doors come open?

I get a little anxiety when entering old elevators, but I'm terrified they will break down! lol.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

I'm terrified of elevators

Mom Confessions