Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kristiansmommy1
My son wants to move out...
October 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
He's almost 6 and wants to move out to nana and grampies!! I yell at him and it hurts his feelings :( but im sick of him writing on my table on 'accident' for the 50th time today. I know it's because he has no boundaries over there but it still hurts my feelings after I do everything I can for him. I know he's going through tough age and he wants a dad so maybe that's part of it too, needing a male figure.

Ftr we have a very good relationship and are close so this is a new thing and idk how to take it

Replies

• Destiny907
    October 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

TOTALLY NORMAL.... I used to "run away" all the time to either my Grandmother's or Aunt's house. We lived VERY very close to each other!  I'm sure my mother would just roll her eyes at me.

Gramma would make me some apple pancakes and tell me- well, ya know you have to listen to your mother- now go on home and don't complain now!!! Auntie would give me chocolate but say Heck no you can't stay here- I'm too busy for kids.. you have  to go home!

It would stink if your parents feed it, however!  I pray that they just treat your son the same way-  say well, son, you know you have listen to your ma.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    I threaten my kids by telling them that they are going to move in with their grandparents. Those are some mean people, so here's a bump as I have no advice.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

His feelings are probably hurt when he's yelled at as well, just as yours are when he says this.  It sounds like it's time to make a more effective choice than yelling when handling problems.

• PerfectVirgo
    October 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    My son said this once. I said no you're not, now go to your room and think about how you'd feel if you never saw me again. He hasn't said it since.
  • kristiansmommy1
    October 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    Phew thank goodness it's normal, it made me feel like oh my goodness what am I doing so wrong?? That's funny tho about your auntie. They will probably just say tough luck (my mom will atleast) and tell him no way jose the house is too small but my dad babies him and lets him get away with so much cuz he was the only grandchild until 2 weeks ago

Quoting Destiny907:

TOTALLY NORMAL.... I used to "run away" all the time to either my Grandmother's or Aunt's house. We lived VERY very close to each other!  I'm sure my mother would just roll her eyes at me.

Gramma would make me some apple pancakes and tell me- well, ya know you have to listen to your mother- now go on home and don't complain now!!! Auntie would give me chocolate but say Heck no you can't stay here- I'm too busy for kids.. you have  to go home!

It would stink if your parents feed it, however!  I pray that they just treat your son the same way-  say well, son, you know you have listen to your ma.

• kristiansmommy1
    October 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Oh that is good advice thanks, every day before school he'll say mom I'm gonna miss you today so I'll tell him imagine days never mind just at school

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

My son said this once. I said no you're not, now go to your room and think about how you'd feel if you never saw me again. He hasn't said it since.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Well, fix the reason you yell at him.  Put newspaper down before he colors, so if he goes off, he doesn't get yelled at, and your table stays nice.

• trebelcleff
    October 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

If possible, plan more things he can do one-on-one with his grandfather... a strong male role-model is great (if his grandfather sticks to your rules for the most part)!  However this will only be beneficial if the grandfather supports your discipline... if your child only likes to be around them because they are lenient, then that isn't building a solid relationship, it's just fun lol.

• PinkButterfly66
    October 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Heck, some days I WANT to run away from home!

• Sanctimommy
    October 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

You didn't become a parent so that someone would love you. You became a parent so that you had someone to love. When my kids defiantly stomped their tiny feet and declared that they 'hated' me for having rules, I simply told them, "That's okay, dear. I love you and those rules keep you safe. That's all that matters around here.". If I felt ambitious, I might add that ink from pens is toxic and could poison their food and that was why I had implemented the 'no writing on the table rule'.  The real reason they could not write on the table, of course, was because it made my furniture look shitty and I had paid a great deal of money for that furniture. I could, at any time find the most dangerous example of why a rule was in place to terrify them into obeying it. Of course, if the Loop-hole Queen (HouseOfFeast) began to rationally chip away at the logic of my rule, I would firmly declare that this year's Christmas might be cancelled so that I could replace the furniture in question. Then I would tell the children to 'thank' her for cutting back on their Christmas gifts that year.

When all else fails, peer pressure will make a kid toe the line.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN