Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners ..(edit at bottom)
by Anonymous
October 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Do you judge other females by the amount of sexual partners they have had? Do you "slut shame" others? Use terms like whore etc. to describe women you don't like? -

personally , I find it all kind of revolting and don't understand why other women still do it. I read an article once that tried to answer this question , (wish I could find the article , it was very interesting)  basically it said that women often do this in order to try and please men ..By being " A Different kind of women" and thereby fitting more into their "boys club". I could understand the thinking .

I recall as a younger teen wanting to gain approval of men and I knew early on that putting down some women seemed to help get me "in" with these neanderthals . I have since grown up and realized that there are men who have evolved past this type of anti-women garbage and now those are the men that my husband and I choose to be around.

Still I catch myself thinking ; "What a slut...." , when I see a female I don't like . I am trying to remain conscience of this and change this internal dialogue. I am raising daughters and I hope they grow up in a world that isn't so happy to put down females in such a way....thoughts???

* And , of course , this isn't just about how many men a womens slept with ...women are called these names for lots of reasons . 

don't like her ? call her a whore.

she dresses in a way you don't like ? Must be she is a slut

she stood up for herself? what a whore 

When it comes to calling women whores , sluts and the like..
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 19% - I do it and don't see a problem with it.
  2. 18% - I have done it , but do see a problem with it.
  3. 51% - I don't call women those names.
  4. 10% - something else.

Replies

• Supervane
    October 14, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    NO, I see nothing wrong with a woman taking possession over her sexuality. a womans sexuality does not belong to her parents, or her spouse!

• slashteddy
    October 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Nope. Calling women names like that just screams 'internalized misogyny' to me.

• Lillymygirl
    October 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM

A females role in the family is to stay pure until her wedding day. If a women doesn't do this then she is usually of loose moral character and I call it like I see it. My father took great pride in protecting me when I was growing into a woman and I believe more fathers need to step up to the plate and be there for their girls. Now a days there are so many sexual messages aimed at these girls and fathers are needed more then ever.

• Dinimon
    by Dinimon
    October 14, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    I have called someone a whore and slut before.
    I don't think it was right though.
    she kept telling me how she slept with 30+ men in 2 months and how she has different guys over every night.
    I asked her how her husband (he was deployed) would feel knowing she's being a slut and whoring around while he's defending our/her freedom.

I didn't need to tell him though, one of the many guys she slept with did and they got divorced.
  • 702girly

I don't care how many sexual partners anyone has had. 

I will admit that I am grossed out by people who don't practice safe sex, excluding those in a committed relationship. 

A woman could tell me that she's had sex with hundreds of guys and I'd just shrug and say, "That's nice." but if a friend tells me that she picked up some guy in a bar last night and fucked him bareback, I'd be completely grossed out and ask her if she's fucking crazy. I don't understand why anyone would take that kind of risk. Condoms are cheap and easy to use.

• bethanyb0325
    Honesty, I won't say it I just won't be around people like that.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    This I've had over 30 sexual partners of both sex. I own my sexuality and it doesn't involve anyone else.

Quoting Supervane:

NO, I see nothing wrong with a woman taking possession over her sexuality. a womans sexuality does not belong to her parents, or her spouse!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

i do however  think it confuses children when their mother has a revolving door of men in their lives

• bellawomen
    I don't care how many people you sleep with. But I will admit I judge because if someone is having really high numbers and one night stands, they don't care about the health if their bodies. That makes me sad for them and angry. We are smarter than that, both men and women.
  • rnchelle93
    No, I don't call women those names.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts