Mom Confessions

Anonymous
A friend's SO did this and she is ok with it, would you be ok with it?
by Anonymous
October 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I have a friend who I have know for 2 years, one day she and her SO showed up at my kid's school for a play. I knew she had step children who went to the school, what I didn't know is that the step children's mother is NOT her DH's ex, she is legally, still his wife I figured that out when the wife introduced herself as "his wife". Later that night my friend called and explained everything to me. She (the wife) is Catholic and refuses to get divorced, even when her DH asked her for one. They struck a deal that he wouldn't have to pay child support or alimony for any of their 3 kids, which would be a substantial amount if they didn't get divorced. They both go to the same church and at church, his wife is his wife, my friend and her kids can't even go to church with him. At his family gatherings, his family and the wife's  family treat them like they are still married (yes, everyone knows about my friend and the 2 kids he has with her), my friend doesn't even go to them. I can't imagine living like this, they can't ever get legally married, in most peoples eyes, she is the other woman. I asked her why she would go along with this and she said it's because she "loves him". Would you go along with this?

Replies

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    October 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    No
  • rosemagic01
    October 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    He'll no and at that point is take him for what he's worth. Screw that. He must be one very manipulative man to keep her so down.
  • JenB1983
    October 14, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    Hell no. Both the husband and wife are ridiculous for keeping that charade up.

WTH happened to "thou shall not lie"
  • ack86
    by ack86
    October 14, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    I would never do that. It would feel to much like actually being the other woman. Plus, it sounds like his family doesn't even accept that her kids are their family too.
  • november117
    October 14, 2012 at 8:17 AM
    Hell no!!!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 14, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Quoting JenB1983:

Hell no. Both the husband and wife are ridiculous for keeping that charade up.

WTH happened to "thou shall not lie"

Technically, they are not lying, they are still legally married. The only real sin is that the DH is, in the eyes of God, having an affair and has had 2 children with another woman. I think that is what the wife wanted, she didn't want to do something she felt was wrong.

• Anonymous
    October 14, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Quoting rosemagic01:

He'll no and at that point is take him for what he's worth. Screw that. He must be one very manipulative man to keep her so down.

Legally, she is only his girlfriend, the only thing she could do is go after him for child support.

• momma_thouse
    October 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM
    Disgusting . They are lying even in the eyes of God .
  • Anonymous

Yeah, they don't, they pretend she doesn't even exsist. She is like is diry secret to his family.

Quoting ack86:

I would never do that. It would feel to much like actually being the other woman. Plus, it sounds like his family doesn't even accept that her kids are their family too.

• lovemysnugbugs
    I wouldn't live like that.

Mom Confessions