Mom Confessions

Anonymous
A friend's SO did this and she is ok with it, would you be ok with it?
by Anonymous
October 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I have a friend who I have know for 2 years, one day she and her SO showed up at my kid's school for a play. I knew she had step children who went to the school, what I didn't know is that the step children's mother is NOT her DH's ex, she is legally, still his wife I figured that out when the wife introduced herself as "his wife". Later that night my friend called and explained everything to me. She (the wife) is Catholic and refuses to get divorced, even when her DH asked her for one. They struck a deal that he wouldn't have to pay child support or alimony for any of their 3 kids, which would be a substantial amount if they didn't get divorced. They both go to the same church and at church, his wife is his wife, my friend and her kids can't even go to church with him. At his family gatherings, his family and the wife's  family treat them like they are still married (yes, everyone knows about my friend and the 2 kids he has with her), my friend doesn't even go to them. I can't imagine living like this, they can't ever get legally married, in most peoples eyes, she is the other woman. I asked her why she would go along with this and she said it's because she "loves him". Would you go along with this?

Replies

• tth328
    by tth328
    October 15, 2012 at 12:13 AM
    What an unchristian thing for a religious person to do. Hypocrites.
  • Elle.tea.22
    October 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    If he really wanted a divorce he would already have one.
  • KrissyKC
    October 15, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Technically, they are still breaking the marriage vows, and TECHNICALLY, the ex or not ex wife is allowing such a situation...  

so... TECHNICALLY... they should still be doing things against the church...

so... what's the point of how they are living???

• Uhura
    by Uhura
    October 15, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Hell to the no.

• Mama_Gleich
    October 15, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    Nope.

Cll it jealousy or whatever, but I don't want any other woman calling herself his wife. He is mine and all mine. I don't wanna share. I want to be the one meeting his family, going to church with him, and making those memories with him.

If I can't have that, I don't want him.
  • QueenBof6
    October 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM
    Not a fucking chance
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    You didn't know ? You get to pick which rules you live by. Sticking by all of them is old fashioned and out dated. ;-)

Quoting JenB1983:

Hell no. Both the husband and wife are ridiculous for keeping that charade up.

WTH happened to "thou shall not lie"
  • Tinabee88
    October 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Oh hell no. That sounds absolutely miserable.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a friend who I have know for 2 years, one day she and her SO showed up at my kid's school for a play. I knew she had step children who went to the school, what I didn't know is that the step children's mother is NOT her DH's ex, she is legally, still his wife I figured that out when the wife introduced herself as "his wife". Later that night my friend called and explained everything to me. She (the wife) is Catholic and refuses to get divorced, even when her DH asked her for one. They struck a deal that he wouldn't have to pay child support or alimony for any of their 3 kids, which would be a substantial amount if they didn't get divorced. They both go to the same church and at church, his wife is his wife, my friend and her kids can't even go to church with him. At his family gatherings, his family and the wife's  family treat them like they are still married (yes, everyone knows about my friend and the 2 kids he has with her), my friend doesn't even go to them. I can't imagine living like this, they can't ever get legally married, in most peoples eyes, she is the other woman. I asked her why she would go along with this and she said it's because she "loves him". Would you go along with this?

• Snapdragon88
    October 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    Hahaha, Nooooo freaking way.
  • 4_little_angels
    October 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM
    Nope

Mom Confessions