Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Rocky mountain oysters...
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
A very good friend of mine admitted to me that she ordered rocky mountain oysters because she honestly thought that she was ordering oysters. Needless to say I about choked on my coffee due to busting up laughing at her.

What is the craziest food you have ever eaten?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

I am pretty willing to try something once. I mean growing up my grandmother gave me Scrapple and told me it was sausage. I found out a few years later just exactly what scrapple was. My mother had a fit when she found out my grandmother had fed me it for breakfast. lol
  • vegamatic
    October 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM

muk tuk, moose, caribou, gator, rattle snake, frog legs, hissing roach....now the roach was NASTY!

• Anonymous 1
    October 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol, did she like them?

Actually no she did not. lol
  • kayjayjess
    October 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM

lol ok thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's an African antelope.

Quoting kayjayjess:

what is oryx?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's normal to us. Deer, wild hogs, oryx, gators, frog legs, crawfish, different birds. I just always see stuff like that listed in posts of weird things people would never eat. My freezers has more wild game in it than store bought meat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal to me but weird to some is the stuff we hunt & eat or regional foods (gulf coast). I ate dog once. That was weird to know I ate it, but I didn't know it until afterwards.

What would that include? Just for curiosity sake.

• risa_alvarez
    October 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Balut, alligator, emu, javelina. I grew up eating a lot of wild game. Now I eat a lot of cheap cuts of meat like tripa and lengua (tongue). One thing I want to try but just haven't yet is nopalitos (cactus).

• l.e.v
    by l.e.v
    October 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    my father is Laotion so ive eaten balut
  • momma-flynn
    October 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    What is that? My mil ordered me barbacoa once & I didn't know what it was until several years later. We eat tacos de lengua.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am pretty willing to try something once. I mean growing up my grandmother gave me Scrapple and told me it was sausage. I found out a few years later just exactly what scrapple was. My mother had a fit when she found out my grandmother had fed me it for breakfast. lol
  • Anonymous 1
    Quoting l.e.v:

What is balut?
  • momma-flynn
    Nopalitos are good. My mil always has them at her house.

Quoting risa_alvarez:

Balut, alligator, emu, javelina. I grew up eating a lot of wild game. Now I eat a lot of cheap cuts of meat like tripa and lengua (tongue). One thing I want to try but just haven't yet is nopalitos (cactus).

• l.e.v
    by l.e.v
    October 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    theres a picture of it on the first page... but its a fertalized duck egg, most people think its gross but my family loves em! its a really big treat for them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting l.e.v:

What is balut?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts