Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Just got 2500
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
And I'm not telling anyone about it. Not even dh. I had an escrow surplus. Just opened up the mail and bam...2500.

What would you do if you got 2500 unexpectedly?

Replies

• casah4
    by casah4
    October 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I'd put it in savings.

• rockinmomto2
    October 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Fix our cars and save the rest.

• thefiregoddess

I got 1200$ unexpectedly, I fixed my brake lines (which had ruptured) and got my eyebrows done.

The rest I bought clothes (I REALLY needed a new couple bras, I wear FF cups and my bras are like 50$ each, I put it off for years) got medicines I needed and paid off some debt. Hid the rest. :)

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2

Tell my dh

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Ugh! Could you stop pretending to be a rich bitch yet?!

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.
  • jamielynnef2
    Pay for Christmas and put the rest into savings...then the money I was spending on Christmas I would put into savings too
  • Tesserae
    October 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

If you didn't need it why would he send it?

Anyways, OP, I'd go to Disneyland for a couple days and stay in the Grand Californian or whatever the hotel is called.

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

Quoting Elyce225:

I'm sure your FIL thought it was generous of him and a lot of money. I sure hope you appreciated it.  You sound a tad ungrateful the way you worded your reply.  

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    I'm behind on my student loans, I've got a medical bill that my insurance screwed me on and I need some work done on my car. Just like that...surplus gone lol. Ah well maybe I can set a couple hundred aside for Christmas.
  • PinkyPan

This. Stash it away.

Quoting kikibix:

Save it for emergencies.  Surprise money is best just left alone and forgotten.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN