Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Just got 2500
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
And I'm not telling anyone about it. Not even dh. I had an escrow surplus. Just opened up the mail and bam...2500.

What would you do if you got 2500 unexpectedly?

Replies

• casah4
    by casah4
    October 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I'd put it in savings.

• rockinmomto2
    October 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Fix our cars and save the rest.

• thefiregoddess

I got 1200$ unexpectedly, I fixed my brake lines (which had ruptured) and got my eyebrows done.

The rest I bought clothes (I REALLY needed a new couple bras, I wear FF cups and my bras are like 50$ each, I put it off for years) got medicines I needed and paid off some debt. Hid the rest. :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Tell my dh

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Ugh! Could you stop pretending to be a rich bitch yet?!

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.
  • jamielynnef2
    Pay for Christmas and put the rest into savings...then the money I was spending on Christmas I would put into savings too
  • Tesserae
    October 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

If you didn't need it why would he send it?

Anyways, OP, I'd go to Disneyland for a couple days and stay in the Grand Californian or whatever the hotel is called.

Quoting Elyce225:

My FIL just sent us a 2,000 dollar check just because. We don't think anything of it, it's really not a lot of money. We just threw it into an account.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Quoting Elyce225:

I'm sure your FIL thought it was generous of him and a lot of money. I sure hope you appreciated it.  You sound a tad ungrateful the way you worded your reply.  

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    I'm behind on my student loans, I've got a medical bill that my insurance screwed me on and I need some work done on my car. Just like that...surplus gone lol. Ah well maybe I can set a couple hundred aside for Christmas.
  • PinkyPan

This. Stash it away.

Quoting kikibix:

Save it for emergencies.  Surprise money is best just left alone and forgotten.

Mom Confessions