Thanks!
  • jb0520
    by jb0520
    October 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Bump
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 13, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Hopefully her murderer will be bought to justice. I understand that her mom worked nights and slept in, but I just can't wrap my mind around letting my 10 year old walk alone to meet up with friends to walk to school. Sadly, I've seen kids where I live that appear to be younger than 10 walking alone or waiting for a the school bus with no parent/adult in sight. And you can talk to you're blue in the face about stranger danger to a child- most kids have almost no chance of getting away from a monster that has their mind set on grabbing them. God it makes me sick and angry to think about the monsters that walk amongst us-UGGGGHHH!!! 

• BamaMommy2
    October 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Thank you for the link. My husband and I have been trying to find a way to approach the conversation of stranger danger with our daughter. She's almost 4 and I think she's old enough to understand that there are bad people in this world that want to hurt children. Hopefully, the link will help me decide how to talk to her about this.

• lwalker270
    October 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

My children are not aware of Jessica Ridgeway; however, we have already addressed stranger danger with them.

• vermontmoms
    October 13, 2012 at 6:40 PM
    We have told our kids (9) the truth. We live close to where Jessica was taken. We also tell them what to do if ever approached and we do role play too. I also never let them out of my sight!
  • lnlsmommy
    October 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Well I don't want to sound bitchy.....BUT I've been educating my girls for a very long time about strangers. Its a shame that people want to wait until something bad happens, then start talking to their kids. BTW to the lady with the 2 year old....uhm no its not to early to teach them about strangers....just saying.
  • singlemom1208
    October 13, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    We do role play sometimes. He's still pretty young. Tell my nieces and nephews its ok to break the rules if someone's trying to take you. Yell, scream, bite, kick ect. Another tip is to scream "you're not my daddy/mommy"

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts