Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Just got a knock on my door.... Interesting
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Ds was outside playing. He was across the street playing with some friends. Ds is 5.5. We live in a very safe neighborhood where all the kids play kickball and baseball in the street. Plus I could still see ds out of the window and I checked on him every few minutes. He was outside with a few other kids. I went to put some cloths away and I heard a knock on the door a few minutes later. I go and it's one of the parents from down the street with his ds who is about 10-11 and my ds. Apparently ds beat the crap out if his ds. Ds punched him in the nose a good one cause he was bleeding. I asked ds what happened. It's not like ds to act this way and he's normally a laid back kid who wants to be everyone's friend.
Ds said the other boy was pushing a girl and took her ball an threw it in the pond. Ds said he tried to stop the boy cause he was still pushing the girl and that's when the boy pushed ds he fell and cut his arm. ( shows me his arm is bleeding) so that's when ds said he was goin to tell ad the boy grabbed him so ds punched him in the nose and wrestled him to the ground. And then out comes the boys father.
I told the dad I didn't see the problem. He started in with " my ds is bleeding" I told him his ds was picking on little kids and put his hands on my ds twice. I said my ds is 5.5 yours is 10-11 and twice the size of ds. Who's the bully?? Not my ds. It's not my problem my ds kicked your kids ass be being a bully. He was defending himself and a little girl and he tried to come get me for help and your ds grabbed him. Again I don't see the problem and I shut the door. Now I'm getting ds a bandaid for his cut and getting him some ice cream for doing the right thing. He stuck for a girl and tried to come get help and when this bully grabbed him he punched him. He did exactly what he should of done. He didn't automactily turn to violence he tried to get help first. I'm proud of ds.

Replies

• sthflachk
    October 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    Nice
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    October 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    I wouldn't punish him either.
  • Jaye5.0
    by Jaye5.0
    October 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    Good boy.
  • opal10161973
    October 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Good for HIM! 

• biancalina20
    October 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    :)
  • bleedhairspray
    October 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM

you're doing something right

• MusicMuse1991
    October 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM

nice kid you got there. maybe chivalry isn't dead after all

• Tink0711
    October 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM
    Wow! That's some little gentleman you're raising there!
  • breydans_mommy
    Good for him! Tell him I'm proud of him!
  • marinenonstop
    I normally dont condone violence..but in this situation it seems your son was provoked and defending himself. Bravo for him for recognizing bullying and taking a stand. Maybe next time with a much older child he should just immediately try to get an adult before trying to diffuse the situation alone. I wouldn't punish him.

Mom Confessions