Mom Confessions

mollysmom212
read about the girl being killed walking to school
October 13, 2012 at 3:09 AM

most people commenting on yahoo thought the mother should have not let her walk on her own...what do you do?how does your child (how old) get to school and what age to you think is ok for them to walk alone?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 13, 2012 at 3:31 AM
    Okay did the school call once then mom didn't get it for hours, or the school was calling for hours because a friend said they knew specifically she was walking that day? If it's the first scenario it's an understandable accident to miss one call. If second they should've called another emergency contact.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 13, 2012 at 3:31 AM

You should put your self proclaimed expert skills into finding the killer.  That would be a more positive way to use your energy.  Not bashing her grieving mother.  I can't read one more ignorant word that you post.  I'm out...

Quoting Anonymous:

If she asked me. I would. Not in those words but yes. She has responsibility in this. She chose not to answer her phone for the first crucial hours her daughter was missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only hindsight is 20/20.  I highly doubt you would say that to her mother's face.  People who have negative comments about a mother who just had her daughter kidnapped, murdered, and mutilated really make me ill.

Quoting Anonymous:

This mom could have. She chose not to take the few minutes it would have taken at the end of her day. Then didn't answer the phone for hours. If she had only answered her phone they may have been able to find this little girl alive.

Quoting mollysmom212:

yes but not every mom is able to walk their child ..maybe because of work schedule etc....

• mollysmom212
    October 13, 2012 at 3:32 AM

like i said iam wondering why the schoolonly had the mother as an emergency contact  and no one else like maybe the dad?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe not immediately. However there is no excuse for her not answering for HOURS.

Quoting mollysmom212:

iam paranoid about always having a phone with me and being able to answer ...maybe she slept through it because she really was that tired ..surely it wasn`t not caring...also in all honesty when iam out like at walmart my cell sometimes has no signal...so in all fairness i don`t think one can always be able to answer immediately

Quoting Anonymous:

I am well alware of that. And I also work nights so I know all about sleeping during the day. That said, when my kids aren't home I still answer my damn phone. It's called being responsible. There is no excuse for her not answering. I live that life, I know it's hard, but that is not an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mom worked nights and was sleeping before you start bashing someone make sure you have the facts

Quoting Anonymous:

This mom could have. She chose not to take the few minutes it would have taken at the end of her day. Then didn't answer the phone for hours. If she had only answered her phone they may have been able to find this little girl alive.

Quoting mollysmom212:

yes but not every mom is able to walk their child ..maybe because of work schedule etc....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM
    The dad lives out of state. That may be why they didn't call him. The EC...lord only knows. For the schools sake I hope they didn't drop the ball on that.

Quoting mollysmom212:

like i said iam wondering why the schoolonly had the mother as an emergency contact  and no one else like maybe the dad?

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe not immediately. However there is no excuse for her not answering for HOURS.

Quoting mollysmom212:

iam paranoid about always having a phone with me and being able to answer ...maybe she slept through it because she really was that tired ..surely it wasn`t not caring...also in all honesty when iam out like at walmart my cell sometimes has no signal...so in all fairness i don`t think one can always be able to answer immediately

Quoting Anonymous:

I am well alware of that. And I also work nights so I know all about sleeping during the day. That said, when my kids aren't home I still answer my damn phone. It's called being responsible. There is no excuse for her not answering. I live that life, I know it's hard, but that is not an excuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Her mom worked nights and was sleeping before you start bashing someone make sure you have the facts

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mollysmom212:

• angie729
    October 13, 2012 at 3:34 AM

My son is 9 and he walks to school. He walks with a large group of about seven kids and half way down about four more kids join them. I can see the school from the end my driveway. I would never let him walk alone.All the parents on the street watch the kids from their drives walk over to the school so I feel pretty safe letting him walk with so many kids together and eyes watching.

• 4kids4tara
    October 13, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I don't blame the mom at all. I work night shift and have slept through the phone ringing many times. My kids' schools do have other phone numbers, though. They have my husband's and my mom's. I am so very sorry for this family's loss. : ( 

• JaimieLynn8
    October 13, 2012 at 3:35 AM
    I was walking to school alone at 9!

As devastating as this is, people can not put the blame on the mother! Not every parent can hold their child's hand and walk them to and from school/bus stop every day. And certainly not forever!
    I truly doubt her mom let her walk alone and slept through a phone call in hopes that her child would be abducted and dismembered. People are sick.
  • 19bubbles91

Oh I know the artical I posted on the last page has not been updated yet

I live close to where she lived like an hour away

So me and my friends have all been fallowing the store very closely

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting 19bubbles91:

Just what our local newstation had (it has not been updated to say it was Jessica)

They announced it at a press conference earlier this evening. ;-(

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Funny...nobody knows what the killer looks like or what kind of vehicle because the mother was irresponsible. Hence the little girl being alone and no witnesses.

Quoting Anonymous:

You should put your self proclaimed expert skills into finding the killer.  That would be a more positive way to use your energy.  Not bashing her grieving mother.  I can't read one more ignorant word that you post.  I'm out...

Quoting Anonymous:

If she asked me. I would. Not in those words but yes. She has responsibility in this. She chose not to answer her phone for the first crucial hours her daughter was missing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only hindsight is 20/20.  I highly doubt you would say that to her mother's face.  People who have negative comments about a mother who just had her daughter kidnapped, murdered, and mutilated really make me ill.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mollysmom212:

• kde216
    by kde216
    Even before this all happened my dh and I decided that our kids wont take the bus or walk. We will accommodate our schedules to drive them to and from school. (We only have a 2 1/2 yo and one on the way so were not at school age yet)

Mom Confessions