Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Motel 6
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 12:21 AM

its the cheapest hotel chain. would you take your child there to save a few bucks? or would you absolutely NEVER take your children there? explain your reasoning.

Replies

• Aubs1990
    October 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I stayed at one in Florida for 2 nights before getting on the Ship. It was pretty clean.

• PrincessMarina
    October 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM

whenever we stay at a hotel or motel with the kids, we do a ton of research on that hotel or motel first. This past summer on the way to San Diego we stayed at one super 8 motel for one night. The reviews for it were great, and included comments such as "Family friendly", "Very Clean" "Soft Beds", "No problems" "amazing and free continental breakfast, that has waffle makers to make homemade delicious waffles", etc. And it was over 100 comments over the past three years, two posts made the day before we did our search. And they were right, the staff was awesome, the room was very clean, the food was amazing, the beds were comfy, and the guy at the front desk gave my children free sticker packs. Awesome job super 8! I don't pick hotels or motels without first checking online, and reading all of the reviews for the past 2 to 3 years, and searching for those key words like clean and family friendly, etc.

• southern.momof2
    October 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Depends on the location and shape the hotel or motel is in. I read reviews before I choose somewhere to stay.
  • Hellobabies
    October 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    My husband and I are hotel snobs, we fully admit it and don't make excuses for it. I always get really good deals on Hotwire. We travel a lot, usually every other month, and I think the most I have spent this year on a hotel was $69.00 for the intercontinental in Dallas. We have a few that are usually our go tos when it comes to hotels. We like to stay at any W, intercontinental, hotel indigo (love this one) or the Hilton.
  • hautemama83
    October 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    I've stayed in one before. But it was very clean, and in a smaller town I'm familiar with. I prefer staying in places like crowne plaza though.
  • mysticalmalissa
    October 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM

When our home burned, that is where redcross put us for a few days. It was clean and the staff was amazing.

• kaitlynherring
    October 13, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    No especially not in my town motel 6 and budget inn are where the meth heads go.
  • NunezMom
    October 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    No way! Never.. I work for IHG so that will never happen lol..
  • fallenangel_353
    October 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    I live in a Mariot at the moment lol.
  • inmybizz
    October 13, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I would not stay there with or without a child.. I like more upscale places.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts