Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
these things are outside my house. :'( - spider pics, i was asked to put a warning-
by Anonymous
October 12, 2012 at 11:58 PM

and i'm positive they'll eat me in my sleep while hubby is working an overnight.  these particular two are gone, but i know they have friends!  ugggghhh. 

does anyone know what they are?

EDIT   didn't see a diamond anywhere on the black one.

Replies

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    October 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    I read a blog this man wrote once about going into his attic and finding tons. LOL It was hilarious!

When we remodled the kitchen we tore out the walls and hundreds of those freaks came out. :/ Even the men were screaming. LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

ahahaha i saw one of thse in the middle of the night before knowing what they were - did NOT go well!  back home they're sprickets.  i swore it was a devil version of a cricket that got busy with a spider.

Quoting bmw29:

We also get these a lot and they scare the shit out of me. They love the bathtub and will jump out of that bitch when you're taking a shit and stuck. :/

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 13, 2012 at 1:13 AM

oh good lord.  play chicken?!

Quoting bmw29:

Wolf spiders will fuck with you. :/ They will play chicken with your ass for a long time. They usually win with me.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

You are very welcome! Just a simple wolf spider sends me into a panic so I feel your pain! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

wealth of knowledge!  i feel a little better now though.  thank you :)

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

• birthymom4
    October 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

That is NOT a brown recluse ....I just killed a recluse yesterday.

I have a small obsession with arachnids, I would say they may be Orb Weavers.

Possibly if so they would be males(Females are up to 8 times larger), but spider identification can be tricky. The pictures are not high quality so that makes it harder LOL

I cannot tell if it is hairy in the picture...

• xoLisa_JoEllen
    October 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Ewwwwwww. I'm itching all over! I hope you do not live in New England. I hope these are southern or western spiders! Good luck to you, and kill them. And get Spider spray or something else to keep them AWAY!!

• Anonymous 1

before he died, he appeared to have some peach fuzz on him.... not 100% sure.  they're iphone pics, shouldn't be TOO bad.  hmmm. 

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

Possibly if so they would be males(Females are up to 8 times larger), but spider identification can be tricky. The pictures are not high quality so that makes it harder LOL

• Anonymous 1

western texas.  no worries.  :)

Quoting xoLisa_JoEllen:

Ewwwwwww. I'm itching all over! I hope you do not live in New England. I hope these are southern or western spiders! Good luck to you, and kill them. And get Spider spray or something else to keep them AWAY!!

• bmw29
    by bmw29
    October 13, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    Yup, if you back up they will move forward, if you go to the left so will they....You get the idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh good lord.  play chicken?!

Quoting bmw29:

Wolf spiders will fuck with you. :/ They will play chicken with your ass for a long time. They usually win with me.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

You are very welcome! Just a simple wolf spider sends me into a panic so I feel your pain! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

wealth of knowledge!  i feel a little better now though.  thank you :)

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

Recluse are found in cool, damp, dark spaces like crawl spaces, under decks, things like that. They are also found in forests (we had to watch out for them when we were in the field during basic) that are damp and cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was on my garage door when i closed it.... im not sure if that's open.  i'm glad you don't think it's a recluse though.  lordie.

Quoting Cpdsptchgrl:

I am confident in saying it isn't a recluse. I have spiders here that have the fiddle shape as well, that is not exclusive to the recluse. It is highly unlikely that a recluse would be hanging out in the open like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

That brown one is NOT a house spider. It's a recluse. I can see the "fiddle shape" clearly in that photo! KILL IT! Stop talking about it & KILL IT!! For God's sake, it's a SPIDER- SQUASH THE DAMN THING!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll see if i can get brave and walk outside.... see if it's still in a heap by my front door.  EEEEK.  the brown one was really flat looking, it was weird.  it looks bumped up in the pic, but it wasn't.

Quoting helema24:

the one on the bottom is a hobo/house spider and completely harmless you should see some of those we get here in fl. the one on th etop looks more like a mimic widow than a real one but as i said in my opp i would need to see the back and tummy (torso) to know!!

Quoting .thatsme.:

Black widow and brown recluse?

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    October 13, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

I liked this because of the Gene Wilder pic on the bottom-my fave one ever-lol

• bowribbonmama
    October 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM
    Thank you Ontario for only having wolf spiders and common house spiders from what I have seen.
  • birthymom4
    October 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

before he died, he appeared to have some peach fuzz on him.... not 100% sure.  they're iphone pics, shouldn't be TOO bad.  hmmm. 

Quoting birthymom4:
    Quoting Anonymous:

orb weavers?

Quoting birthymom4:

I cannot tell if it is hairy in the picture.

Certain details can make a HUGE difference with spiders... Like the Top picture looks fuzzy to me, and the bottom looks smooth..I Just cant tell for sure.

I am not saying the phones camera is bad.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN