Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
-KC-
Why wouldnt you want to get an education?
by -KC-
October 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Did you graduate highschool?
If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.

Replies

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    October 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    Dropped out in 12th grade. Never went back to school... I have worked a few jobs here and there until I met my now DH. He makes enough for me to be a sahm and I believe that's what I'm meant to be.
  • -KC-
    by -KC-
    October 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    That sounds tough =/ hope he'll become more understanding. Try having a talk with him, it sucks because seems like youre just trying to do what you gotta do to improve. I recently got my GED and now Im proceeding to get a college degree. GED was extremely easy except the math part, which is my weak subject. My family give me a lot of support even though theyre overseas and it would be so stressful to proceede without it. Good luck!

Quoting towerjunkie1989:

I have my GED. I am in college. I work for my father and am also studying to get my insurance test. My Dad wants me to have my liscence in 3 weeks, but I have told him it is impossible. I also have to study for my other classes. I told him that if I fail this semester, my college life is over. I will not be able to pay for my classes and he knows this. Hopefully he will give me more time because I do like my job and I want to continue college. It is great having a family run insurance business because he knows the problems I have been having. Yes, he will fire me, but he won't when I have to be gone 2 days for my daughter's out of state medical appointments.

• LovingSAHMommy
    October 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    I have an education, but I don't use it. I'm a stay at home mom.
  • winkyloafer
    October 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    I graduated high school and college with an associate's degree. I'd love to gain more experience to make something of this degree but being a mom is first priority right now. Even if people choose not to go to college, finishing high school or getting the equivalent of a high school diploma is very beneficial. I don't understand why people toss it aside.
  • Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    I got my GED.

I a certified sound engineer and am getting a CAD certification which in turn will be applied to getting my architecture degree.

I support myself with a little help from people who owe me one and some PA.

I don't like what I currently do but am stuck until I get done with the certification.

Quoting -KC-:

Did you graduate highschool?
    If not did you get a GED instead? If so what about college? If you have no education at all then why? Who supports you? How do you pay bills? Do you like what you do? If you dont have a job what would happen if who ever is supporting you would stop? Are you on PA? JW how many women on here do and do not have an education.
  • conweis
    by conweis
    October 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    Graduated HS went to college.
    Know a woman who didn't even finish HS and makes more than my SO.
  • -KC-
    by -KC-
    Whatever works for you. Im not meant to be a SAHM at all. I like to go work, study, be around new people etc. I like being in control and if my hubby is the sole provider I personally feel like his bitch (no offense meant by that). Staying at home to clean and cook all day with kids isnt the lifestyle for me. Different strokes for different folks or however it goes lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Dropped out in 12th grade. Never went back to school... I have worked a few jobs here and there until I met my now DH. He makes enough for me to be a sahm and I believe that's what I'm meant to be.
  • Josie_P
    by Josie_P

I'm a lawyer, so yes, I graduated high school, got my BA in English, and then my JD in Law. I support myself. I don't rely on my dh for money. We come together to pay bills. I love practicing law. I love the financial security that I have.

• Anonymous 13
    by Anonymous 13
    October 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Unfortunately, a HS/GED today is not considered "educated".  It amazes me that so many have kids before they complete their formal education.  I never understood that.  It makes things way harder for you.  I was just taling to someone who had their first child at 19 and 8 yrs later regrets it.  Regrets being so young and not getting and education, both parents sadly struggling taking in about $400 combined a week(if they are lucky)  Why put yourself in that situation to begin with?  Also, if you need to go on PA because of your poor choices, then it does become everyone's problem.  If you can do it without help, then fine.

• Mom2theboy1994
    October 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I graduated high-school.

I also attended university.

My husband supports me. (I am a housewife.)

We pay our bills with the money he earns.

Yes, I like being a housewife.

The only way my husband would stop supporting me is if he died. In that case I would live off investments, savings and life insurance until I went back to work. (I was a financial analyst before becoming a SAHM/Housewife.) On the off chance we divorced I would live on savings and investments until I went back to work.

No, I am not, nor have I ever been on any form of Public Assistance. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN