Mom Confessions

arigdon4
Thoughts on child birth: before and after?
October 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

What did you think about child birth or what you thought it would be like before baby was born (either during or before pregnancy) and what are your thoughts on child birth now that you've been-there-done-that??

S/O post here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/17456304/Thoughts_on_raising_a_child_before_and_after?highlight=206849888#post206849888

Replies

• Meghan6391
    October 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    I was convinced my vagina would be ruined, that it would be horrific pain after it was done and that i would feel the pain even through the epideral. After i found out it didn't hurt much at all. A little pain but nothing bad at all and i only felt 3 of my stitches not the pushing itself and well my vagina went back to normal lol
  • arigdon4
    October 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Thank you! This was the kind of honest answer I was looking for.

Lol check out the S/O post of this about raising a child..

Quoting Meghan6391:

I was convinced my vagina would be ruined, that it would be horrific pain after it was done and that i would feel the pain even through the epideral. After i found out it didn't hurt much at all. A little pain but nothing bad at all and i only felt 3 of my stitches not the pushing itself and well my vagina went back to normal lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I think child birth is over rated and way more painful then I thought. Now that I have had a baby I don't want to ever do it again, but I will be next month lol. After this I am freaking done. And to add because of the pp My vag has not gone back to normal due to the way they cut me, I am in constant pain still because of nerve damage that the dr said can't be fixed....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    It was not nearly as horrible as I thought it was going to be.
  • Mrs.Kubalabuku
    October 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My thoughts before and after are the same.  I don't know, I'm just practical  I read my information, talked to my OB, and basically what I expected to happen happened.  Even the emergency C section with baby #2 went how I figured an emergency C section would.  All the doctors and nurses were impressed with how calm and rational I was as things happened.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

My thoughts before and after are the same.  I don't know, I'm just practical  I read my information, talked to my OB, and basically what I expected to happen happened.  Even the emergency C section with baby #2 went how I figured an emergency C section would.  All the doctors and nurses were impressed with how calm and rational I was as things happened.

I wish that I could be like you. I tend to over react and panic lol.

• nerdymom28
    October 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I thought it would be scary, painful and all around unpleasant....and that's exactly what I found it to be. Both times. I'm happy to be done having children. I LOVE my kids, I love the result of childbirth; getting to hold them in my arms and watch them grow...but the actual process was not enjoyable for me at all.

• SB2217
    by SB2217
    October 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    I also thought my vagina would be ruined and it'd be all stretched out and horrible looking. And honestly, after my first was born and I looked down and was soo swollen I freaked out! Lol. But DH after 2 kids DH says he can't even feel or see any difference. I was also more afraid of the pain of tearing than actually giving birth. I didn't even feel when I tore! I didn't think getting the epidural would hurt to put in. It actually did. :/
  • Mrs.Kubalabuku
    October 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

LOL

It's just different approaches, I guess.   I used to panic, but I found the more I understood things, the less I would feel anxious and panicky.  So, when we found out I was pregnant, I did my homework and NOTHING could surprise me.  My OB even said I probably knew as much about pregnancy and the female body as most of his students.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I wish that I could be like you. I tend to over react and panic lol.

• lilmama2be
    October 12, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Before child birth: I am going to do this all natural, no drugs (mostly because I am terrified of needles)

During: F-ing Pitocin drip.....no epi for 18 hours....I was screaming....yea.....then epi...felt nothing after that. It was fantastic :)

After: Even up to now...I am very wary of going through that again. They lie when they say you forget the pain. I want more, but those contractions were horrible....

Mom Confessions