Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LoriLou75
Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****
October 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

Replies

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I simply find them like people who want the title of vegetarian but eat steak or chicken. Annoying.

Imo they are the worst type of "pro-life" person. They to be able to pick and choose morality as they see fit. I can understand (but not agree with) a person that is pro-life with no exceptions (except imminent maternal death). But if how the child was conceived matters to you you just want to be able to pass judgement.

• mhaney03
    October 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM

ERMAGERD

I AM PRO LIFE with exception, I IDENTIFY as pro life AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT WON'T CHANGE MY MIND.  ANYONE'S OPINION ABOUT HOW THEY WANT TO LABEL ME IS INCONSEQUENTIAL TO MY LIFE, IT DOESN'T CHANGE A FUCKING THING.

• calcalmommy
    October 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
    I don't care for the wishy-washy. Some things should be black and white.
  • UgtaBkdnMe
    October 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Yep. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. A pro lifer wouldn't make an exception. If you favor women having any kind of choice, you are pro choice.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

No pro-life is pro-life. Having abortion as an option AT ALL is pro choice.

• teri4lance
    October 12, 2012 at 11:15 PM

that may be your opinion, but you are inaccurate. 

if you think there is ever a time when a woman should be able to make that choice to abort, you are in fact pro-choice. I mean, how much simpler can it be? 

• rnchelle93
    October 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Those who say, no abortion, but we have exceptions, scare me. They claim its life, that abortion is murder, and yet, they feel qualified to say when murder should be allowed, which life is deserving of protection. I've had many people tell me that in my case (pregnant from rape) abortion would be ok. Those people, I have no respect for. Who are they to grant me permission to, in their opinion, kill? Not that I really care what they think, but I stay away from them. I don't need their permission, or their warped view of right and wrong and the value of life. I'm 100% pro choice, BTW.
  • numonestunar
    October 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    Interesting. Pro choice = pro abortion?

Quoting areyouatroll:

If you support legalized abortion for any reason (except death on the part of the mother), you are pro choice aka pro abortion.
  • mhaney03
    October 12, 2012 at 11:30 PM

It can go both ways.  If you think pro life with exception = pro choice.. wouldn't that same point of view be pro-choice with exception of "because i don't want no baby" = pro life?

people are splitting hairs here and it doesn't change anything regardless.

• pce68
    by pce68
    October 12, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I don't know which side I should be on. I consider myself pro-life bc I do believe that life begins at conception, but I don't think abortion should be illegal. So am I pro-life or pro-choice?

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    Yes it is.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts