Mom Confessions

LoriLou75
Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****
October 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

Replies

• Mackenzie40
    October 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Bump
  • MyDoula
    by MyDoula
    October 14, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I was raped when I was 20 yrs old. It wasn't a pleasant situation. I did not abort my child. A child that had half my DNA. I didn't understand why someone would kill an innocent life. I would not want to live with that thought the rest of my life. I raised my child, married, had more children. Now my child has had a child of their own. Choosing life is never the wrong choice. Adoption is a loving thing to do if you choose not to raise the child. Cases where abortion is needed for the safety of the mother are so minimal in number and that is definitely up to the parents. No one could argue that. But the government sanctioned mass murder of thousands of innocent children each year is something else altogether. It's not necessary for the most part. We have birth control available to everyone. I mean you can have it implanted in your body and be safe for 5 yrs. And for you who say the government has no place in this argument, they made it their business with Roe vs. Wade. Of course they have a roll. The government tells us it's wrong to kill, to steal, to lie under oath, to speed. The government enacts things supposedly for the greater good of society. Abortion is not about the woman's body it's about a life with no voice. I know women who have had abortions. It's not good for women. Mitt Romney's medical plan is so full of loop holes in favor of abortion exceptions it might as well be pro abortion. No matter what you call it, a human life is destroyed in a most horrific way and THAT should upset you more than a label. I of course respect each persons right to an opinion. I still believe in the freedom of speech. Thank you for considering my thoughts here.

• MommyJ451
    October 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    While you are arguing over semantics; why not relabel "Choice" to be what it really is??? "Fetal MURDER!" especially at 6+ months when it is possible to nurture (outside the mother) even though "premature"
  • LoriLou75
    October 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Being that I am PC, I support a woman's choice to carry a pregnancy from rape. As far as Romney's abortion loopholes, all they do is make sure the wealthy can still obtain an abortion. Like most of his policies the middle and lower classes are fucked.

Quoting MyDoula:

I was raped when I was 20 yrs old. It wasn't a pleasant situation. I did not abort my child. A child that had half my DNA. I didn't understand why someone would kill an innocent life. I would not want to live with that thought the rest of my life. I raised my child, married, had more children. Now my child has had a child of their own. Choosing life is never the wrong choice. Adoption is a loving thing to do if you choose not to raise the child. Cases where abortion is needed for the safety of the mother are so minimal in number and that is definitely up to the parents. No one could argue that. But the government sanctioned mass murder of thousands of innocent children each year is something else altogether. It's not necessary for the most part. We have birth control available to everyone. I mean you can have it implanted in your body and be safe for 5 yrs. And for you who say the government has no place in this argument, they made it their business with Roe vs. Wade. Of course they have a roll. The government tells us it's wrong to kill, to steal, to lie under oath, to speed. The government enacts things supposedly for the greater good of society. Abortion is not about the woman's body it's about a life with no voice. I know women who have had abortions. It's not good for women. Mitt Romney's medical plan is so full of loop holes in favor of abortion exceptions it might as well be pro abortion. No matter what you call it, a human life is destroyed in a most horrific way and THAT should upset you more than a label. I of course respect each persons right to an opinion. I still believe in the freedom of speech. Thank you for considering my thoughts here.

• LoriLou75
    October 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    I support choice for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. No one in their right mind supports abortion without medical need beyond viability. To insinuate people do makes you look like a crazy extremist.

Quoting MommyJ451:

While you are arguing over semantics;
    why not relabel "Choice" to be what it really is???
    "Fetal MURDER!"
    especially at 6+ months when it is possible to nurture (outside the mother) even though "premature"
  • pittsburghnic
    October 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    There is nothing self righteous about it. I'm just stating facts. It's not personal, so don't take it that way. I state thing in general for that reason. There is no need to become defensive.
    And no, it's not okay to abort anytime. The "fetus" is a living being. The mention of a functioning heart is only notes bc by the time most women find out about their pregnancy, the heart is already present and working.
    And I related the sonogram to a situation when a suspected miscarriage may have occurred. The lack of a beating heart is a sign that the pregnancy self-terminated.
    I'm sorry you don't wish to be prayed for. If that is what you are referring to as self righteous, I don't even know what to say. Praying for someone is asking God to help another. Realizing I cannot do it on my own. In that, saying that I can't, He can.
    I hope you can find your way to Him.

Quoting Anonymous:

first you don't get to dictate who replies to whatever you might post , you certainly didn't have to respond.

Who said anything about the heart stopping and re-starting? It matures and grows just as the egg , zygote and fetus will. And NO the early heartbeat doesn't have the same function as the fully developed heart does , the mothers body takes care of the fetus until the heart and other vital organs can ( if they develop properly) - sonograms indicate if the fetus is progressing along predictable lines or not. 

So before the heart beat it's still not okay to abort , is that what you are trying to say ? So why even bring up early heart activity? What does it come down to for you? Is it about souls and god?

Pray for yourself , maybe your god will see fit to help you become more open to having a difficult conversation without resorting to being self righteous? 

Quoting pittsburghnic:

First of all- please do not add your own commentary within another persons quote.

Secondly, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe a heart or heart beat ceases, then re-begins to become a "life sustaining" heartbeat. It's the same one, with the same function, right? If a woman is believed to be experiencing a miscarriage, the sonogram checks for a heart beat- indicating if the baby is ALIVE.

Regardless of this, even before the heartbeat is developed it is still a life form, growing and developing as we do our entire lives.

There are just some people too closed minded to respect a new perspective. I will pray for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pittsburghnic:

How can you say it's NOT A BABY? Think about that. At only 6 weeks (before most woman know they are pregnant) the child has a heartbeat. This primitive heartbeat is not a life sustaining heart beat , besides a heartbeat alone does not make someone "Living"  , It can feel and move. @6 weeks? a   week fetus can NOT "feel" , feeling is actually very complicated and requires a nervous system and a functioning brain , both of which are not developed in a L week  fetus.  look into the timeline and details of a pregnancy I suggest you do so.. Before u state ur opinion, educate yourself thoroughly. Have you ever seen a sonogram early in pregnancy? This is when about 85% of woman turn away from their choice-- because they realize that they have a LIVING CHILD inside of them.

Quoting sunshinekid73:

Fetus =baby. Changing to a scientific term doesn't chance what it is or will be if given a chance.

Quoting Anonymous:

we aren't talking about a baby , it's a fetus no matter how much PL people try and change the facts.

and how many choices do you leave up to your babies? 

Quoting budgie1117:

I hate the term "pro-choice". The baby has NO choice at all, so their human right are violated. I think it would be clearer to say "pro-abortion".

• pittsburghnic
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    Yes, that's what I mean. :) I'm not sure if that info is on the website or not, but I'm sure it's accessible if you search a little. I only know bc my mom is the administrative assistant there and I help with the fundraisers. Anyway-- the site is: www.imissedmyperiod.com
    It's a pro-life, non-profit organization called "Women's Choice Network". Pittsburgh Pa.
    Check it out!

Quoting LoriLou75:

Do you have a link? I'm not even sure what it is about? Are you saying that when showed the us before an abortion 85% choose to not abort?

Quoting pittsburghnic:

Yes. This number comes from a pregnancy center in my city. These are real life stats, not just a study.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Could you clarify this? I don't really understand what you are saying? Did this number come fro a study?

Quoting pittsburghnic:

How can you say it's NOT A BABY? Think about that. At only 6 weeks (before most woman know they are pregnant) the child has a heartbeat. It can feel and move. Look into the timeline and details of a pregnancy. Before u state ur opinion, educate yourself thoroughly. Have you ever seen a sonogram early in pregnancy? This is when about 85% of woman turn away from their choice-- because they realize that they have a LIVING CHILD inside of them.

Quoting sunshinekid73:

Fetus =baby. Changing to a scientific term doesn't chance what it is or will be if given a chance.

Quoting Anonymous:

we aren't talking about a baby , it's a fetus no matter how much PL people try and change the facts.

and how many choices do you leave up to your babies? 

Quoting budgie1117:

I hate the term "pro-choice". The baby has NO choice at all, so their human right are violated. I think it would be clearer to say "pro-abortion".

• Alliness
    October 14, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Wow -- I love some people who have deemed themselves Webster's Dictionary.  I am Pro-Life.  Period.  You cannot define me.

I just don't understand why in the world this is a political issue any longer?  We've had a dozen presidents since RoeVSWade - some GOP some Democrats....nothing has changed.  NOTHING has been repealed.  It's a done issue.  Now we should quit wasting our time on something that is not going to change and encourage pregnant females to make the best decision.   Make adoptions easier.  Make the morning after pill easier.   Encourage birth control and safe sex or even better - abstinence.    

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    October 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    This is exactly my stance as well.

Quoting mommyrustina:

I agree with you OP.

We should rename it "Pro-life with a sanity clause attached",
    maybe that would appease everyone hung up on technicalities. I am
    pro-life for pretty much all cases but sanity tells me that forcing a
    ten year old rape victim to carry a child is a bad idea. Sanity tells me
    that that ending an ectopic pregnancy is a good idea.

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    October 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    Sadly people do. How about that lady that chose to abort the male fetus' in her multiple birth? 12 weeks isn't viable but its very far along. I've seen a 12 week fetus in anatomy class and it made me vomit that women choose to kill a baby like that. Its so obviously a baby at that point(I'm not for them an any time but that is even more disgusting)

Quoting LoriLou75:

I support choice for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. No one in their right mind supports abortion without medical need beyond viability. To insinuate people do makes you look like a crazy extremist.

Quoting MommyJ451:

While you are arguing over semantics;

why not relabel "Choice" to be what it really is???

"Fetal MURDER!"

especially at 6+ months when it is possible to nurture (outside the mother) even though "premature"

Mom Confessions