Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LoriLou75
Pro Life with exceptions IS NOT Pro Choice! ****ETA****
October 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

IMO, if someone wants abortion illegal, even with exceptions, you are still PL. I get so annoyed when a PL person says "I think abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, maternal health" and someone comes back with "That makes you Pro Choice". It doesn't, Pro Choice (again IMO) means giving women all their choices, freedom to choice regardless of reason. If you are only giving her choices under special circumstances, how is that "Pro Choice"? I get that it isn't entirely Pro Life either, it is somewhere in the middle. 

**ETA**

From the responses, it seems many people don't/can't separate their personal feelings from their political views. So, to be sure we are all "on the same page", lets keep the opinions to your political views on abortion. Do you feel the federal or state government should ban it? Place stricter regulations on it, that sort of thing. Ya now, how would YOU VOTE if the subject appeared on your ballot?

Replies

• Dzyre1115
    October 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

No, it's not, Pro-Life is exactly what it is!

• sandra_t00
    October 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    Um no

If you are pro-life but think there should be an exception, that makes you pro-choice. You think that he woman who "qualifies" for the exception should have a choice in what she wants to do, therefore, giving her a CHOICE

Pro-choice.
  • LoriLou75
    October 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    So, you are saying they are pro choice for some women. What about every other woman's choice? Why call someone pro choice when that person is ok with taking the choice from most women? What about a persons right to privacy? No one (man or woman) should need to "justify" their choice for a medical procedure to the government.

Quoting sandra_t00:

Um no

If you are pro-life but think there should be an exception, that makes you pro-choice. You think that he woman who "qualifies" for the exception should have a choice in what she wants to do, therefore, giving her a CHOICE

Pro-choice.
  • erinsmom1964
    October 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

AGAIN here we go with the labels and what a person identifies with and how some people think they have the right to label a person something they don't feel comfortable with.  OUTRAGOUS.  

Following these first posters train of thought then Barrack Obama for example is not black.  and its wrong for him to call himself black because IN FACT he is mulatto.  Now I would be a horses ASS to say that or even think it about another persons right to choose to label themselves with what they FEEL fits them  as are people who try to do it to others.  

You see I am pro-life BUT I don't believe abortion should be illegal BECAUSE I don't believe the Federal Government has a right to legislate anything to do with anyone's body...choices....ANYTHING.  That does not make me pro-choice at all it makes me anti-government regulations on my or anyone's person. Yet many times on here many a horses ass has tried to TELL ME that makes me pro-choice.  NOPE it makes those of you who think you have a right to label others HORSES ASS'

• mommyrustina
    October 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree with you OP.

We should rename it "Pro-life with a sanity clause attached", maybe that would appease everyone hung up on technicalities. I am pro-life for pretty much all cases but sanity tells me that forcing a ten year old rape victim to carry a child is a bad idea. Sanity tells me that that ending an ectopic pregnancy is a good idea.

• LoriLou75
    October 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    Labels aren't always a bad thing ya know.....

Btw, pro choice doesn't mean you like abortion.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

AGAIN here we go with the labels and what a person identifies with and how some people think they have the right to label a person something they don't feel comfortable with.  OUTRAGOUS.  

Following these first posters train of thought then Barrack Obama for example is not black.  and its wrong for him to call himself black because IN FACT he is mulatto.  Now I would be a horses ASS to say that or even think it about another persons right to choose to label themselves with what they FEEL fits them  as are people who try to do it to others.  

You see I am pro-life BUT I don't believe abortion should be illegal BECAUSE I don't believe the Federal Government has a right to legislate anything to do with anyone's body...choices....ANYTHING.  That does not make me pro-choice at all it makes me anti-government regulations on my or anyone's person. Yet many times on here many a horses ass has tried to TELL ME that makes me pro-choice.  NOPE it makes those of you who think you have a right to label others HORSES ASS'

• areyouatroll
    October 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    If you support legalized abortion for any reason (except death on the part of the mother), you are pro choice aka pro abortion.

Look people, I did not invent the definition for pro abortion. If you support legalized abortion you are pro abortion, deal with it.
  • quickbooksworm
    October 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    I don't care what anyone calls themselves. It's a piss poor argument.
  • UgtaBkdnMe
    October 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

No pro-life is pro-life. Having abortion as an option AT ALL is pro choice.

• erinsmom1964
    October 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I NEVER said or implied that pro-choices think anything.  I would NEVER assume to speak for anyone else and I would NEVER assume to think I KNOW anyones heart from a label they choose to identify with.  to do so is the height of ignorance. Miss the point much?

Quoting LoriLou75:

Labels aren't always a bad thing ya know.....

Btw, pro choice doesn't mean you like abortion.

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts