Featured Posts
Rachelle91
reading teen diary
October 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Are you going to, or have you????

Replies

• 3earthangels
    October 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    I would, especially if I suspected something was up.
  • khloemum
    October 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

YUP!

Quoting 3earthangels:

I would, especially if I suspected something was up.

• JDmommyJD
    October 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

So tough. I respect her privacy.. but if she was acting funny or suspicious and refused to open up... I probably would

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

I'd do it in a heartbeat!

• Mrs.Kubalabuku

I doubt my sons will keep a diary...lol

• T06T08T10
    October 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Do boys keep diaries?

If yes, I would probably read it.

• Rachelle91
    October 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

lol now all you have to do is check there phones and facebooks :P

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 12, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I know that my parents did, they took everything to the extreme. They were VERY abusive in every way and once a day they went through my room. I don't mean nicely, they trashed my room and went through EVERYTHING. I'm not going to lie, I have issues as an adult from it. IF I suspected that my teen was in harms way, I might. BUT I wouldn't let her know that I was reading it. There would be no punishing her every day for putting a swear word in her diary, that is just ludacris. I would figure out a way to help her without letting her know that I completely and totally disrespected her and violated her privacy/trust.

• Rachelle91
    October 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Aww I am sorry! hugs!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that my parents did, they took everything to the extreme. They were VERY abusive in every way and once a day they went through my room. I don't mean nicely, they trashed my room and went through EVERYTHING. I'm not going to lie, I have issues as an adult from it. IF I suspected that my teen was in harms way, I might. BUT I wouldn't let her know that I was reading it. There would be no punishing her every day for putting a swear word in her diary, that is just ludacris. I would figure out a way to help her without letting her know that I completely and totally disrespected her and violated her privacy/trust.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    NO I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT. I lst A LOT of trust and respect from my parents and boyfriend from reading my diary. I wrote things in there I WANTED TO DO but would not, and they all went psychotic. Some of the things in my diary were true (my eating disorder, self-harm, drug abuse) however.... That was not the way it should have gone.

Because I have gone through so many things, because I know what manipulitive behaviour looks like, if there were concerns I would talk to my child. I want to have open communication with them. I do not think the first, best decision is to invade their privacy. Because of what they did to me, I trust no one.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN