Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
weirdkids
My toddler is going to be the death of me!!
October 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM
He can't go a single day without getting hurt. Its not even 9am and he already bruised his cheek and has an egg on his head. I can't win with him. He has a sensory disorder where he seeks out impact or pain(though he doesn't respond to pain) He is constantly doing something risky just for the "ooff" factor. If he's not doing it on purpose its a consequence of whatever it is he's doing. Like the bruised cheek. Playing with cabnet door slipped hit the door lol egg on his head? Got mad and threw his toy in the air....it came back down. We can never have a period of time bruise free lol I swear he's gonna be the death of me. Just now he smacked his nose. Today just isn't his day.
Ok vent over.

Replies

• Mehganh
    by Mehganh
    October 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM
    Aw. Sorry momma.
  • heartnhidin
    October 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Love toddlers lol.
  • Shelbypb
    October 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Aw poor baby but just think when he gets older he would be a great football player lol always have to find the bright side of things
  • sugareemommee
    October 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

sorry mommy.  hope your day gets better, that sounds really tough :(

• weirdkids
    October 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    I joke about that all the time but truth is, he will probably be my dancer lol

Quoting Shelbypb:

Aw poor baby but just think when he gets older he would be a great football player lol always have to find the bright side of things

• ladyraven16
    October 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    Ugh I know how you feel but my son gets er worthy injuries at least 4 times per year since he turned 1.

This year we've been 3 times. He broke his toe, I have no idea how, I took him because he was limping around. He learned how to ride a 2 wheeler 2mo after his 3rd bday, fell off and broke his tooth and got a concussion with a helmet on. Then in May he fell out of a tree and somehow had a branch go through the roof of his mouth. It stopped 1/4in from his jugular. I hope we are done for awhile.

He also gets the normal bumps, bruises, scrapes etc constantly. He has SPD too.
  • weirdkids
    October 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    My poor little guy can't catch a break today.

Quoting sugareemommee:

sorry mommy.  hope your day gets better, that sounds really tough :(

• Shelbypb
    October 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM
    Aww lol well he will be the best dancer :) but that sounds like my son too

Quoting weirdkids:

• weirdkids
    October 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    Its scary! Mine will jump from one piece of furniture to another. Most of the time he makes it but man...when he doesn't it never ends well. He's so rough and tumble.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Ugh I know how you feel but my son gets er worthy injuries at least 4 times per year since he turned 1.

This year we've been 3 times. He broke his toe, I have no idea how, I took him because he was limping around. He learned how to ride a 2 wheeler 2mo after his 3rd bday, fell off and broke his tooth and got a concussion with a helmet on. Then in May he fell out of a tree and somehow had a branch go through the roof of his mouth. It stopped 1/4in from his jugular. I hope we are done for awhile.

He also gets the normal bumps, bruises, scrapes etc constantly. He has SPD too.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    This is my everyday life also! A 2 1/2 year old punching bag, for himself!

I have a question. When your son get's hurt does he ever cry? Like from the shock of it or out of fear? I suspect my son may have a disorder when it comes to pain. But he does cry when he get's hurt *sometimes*. It usually lasts a couple of seconds until I say "you're OK". Then, no matter what happened or what injury he has, he stops crying and carries on. There have been days where he get 3 or 4 eggs on his head and doesn't even flinch!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts