Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
owl0210
Why do you call him your husband if he isn't your husband?
by owl0210
October 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM
I've seen this often on here and was just wondering why women do that. Discuss!

Replies

• Lena-Loo
    October 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    For some reason this topic really bugs me. Having a live in boyfriend who can come and go as he pleases and having a husband that you're connected to "Forever" is a completely different thing. Dh and I lived together before we got married and even then it was completely different after we said our vows.
  • owl0210
    by owl0210
    October 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

confused 

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my husband started calling me his wife years ago. Boyfriend and girlfriend sound childish.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
    Because it makes them feel better.
  • HotMomma2622
    October 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    My man my baby.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

But changing your last name will?  Do you have any idea how that sounds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we are a family and together forever.

And a piece of paper won't make us more committed or more in love.

I don't want to throw a party yet because I don't feel like it. I will throw our big party when we pay off our house in a few years.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Who cares if people think we have that paper? My husband and I dont care what anyone thinks. To US we ARE husbanf and wife :)

There are morr ways to be married than through a government issued paper. In many cultures the government isnt involved at all.

In all the ways that matter, we are married. We said our vows and made our promises and have committed ourselves to each other forever... Therefor he is my husband in all the ways that matter :)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

LOL, but calling him your husband makes people assume you have that paper so you make no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to throw a party yet because I don't feel like it. I will throw our big party when we pay off our house in a few years.

• mom2monsterboys
    October 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    I don't get it either. My mom and stepdad were together for 16yrs before they married and still never referred to each other as husband and wife. They truly embodied the whole 'it's just a piece of paper' thing. They knew they were together and were comfortable in that fact and didn't need to prove to anyone else by saying they were married when they weren't.
  • owl0210
    by owl0210
    October 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Why not make it legal then? If you're so adamant that you're married what's the problem? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Who cares if people think we have that paper? My husband and I dont care what anyone thinks. To US we ARE husbanf and wife :)

There are morr ways to be married than through a government issued paper. In many cultures the government isnt involved at all.

In all the ways that matter, we are married. We said our vows and made our promises and have committed ourselves to each other forever... Therefor he is my husband in all the ways that matter :)

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

LOL, but calling him your husband makes people assume you have that paper so you make no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    Who said changing your last name will?

Not me

Many married women keep their maiden name

Quoting Anonymous:

But changing your last name will?  Do you have any idea how that sounds?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    I hate when people do this. I am gay, but until I can get legally married to my partner that is all she is...my partner. Well until we get engaged. Then i will refer to her as my fiancée. But I never refer to her as my wife. Because she isn't. And neither am I hers. I think it is stupid. If you want your significant other to be your husband and/or wife then get married. Otherwise, all you are doing is playing some little elementary game.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts