Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Not sure if I should bring this up to my daughter....
by Anonymous
October 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM

My daughter received an invitation to a birthday party for Sat.

The problem is, this girl was likely made to invite her whole cheer team. I have heard her mock the newer girls (dd included) and I understand a little bit. She and her "bestie" take tumbling classes and live and breath cheer, meanwhile there are girls who are first years who can't even do a tumble, on the same team not to mention that these girls are 10 and dd is 8.

DD asked her what she wanted for her birthday and the girl told her "oh well I really like Alex and Ani bracelets" I am sorry kid, I am not getting you a $30 bracelet, you're 10.

If dd's friends from cheer are not going, I am considering trying to influence DD to not go. The girl goes to a private school, so dd definitely will not know anyone, and I feel like they are just doing it to "include everyone" and to get more presents.

I am not terribly happy to bring her to this party, but I also don't want to say no.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 11, 2012 at 4:52 PM

it is at a skating rink, and dd cannot skate, but daddy does roller derby so he will be accompanying her.

• mommytoeandb
    October 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Did she just send the invitation?  I would make other plans.  :P

• atmsmom2011
    October 11, 2012 at 4:53 PM
    Take her to so something you know she won't say no to
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I solve that problem with a simple sorry dear we already had plans for that day, then I go have a nice fun day doing whatever with my kid.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM

A male derby team. Actually the local team just combined with the other male team in the state and now practices are too far. So he is toying with the idea of becoming a ref for our women's team.

Have you heard of Mass Maelstrom?

Quoting Anonymous:

a male derby team? or is daddy a reff? around here we have ZERO male teams...

Quoting Anonymous:

it is at a skating rink, and dd cannot skate, but daddy does roller derby so he will be accompanying her.

• ajrjj05
    by ajrjj05
    October 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

make plans for that day to do something fun with her.. opps! I forgot hunny!

• inmybizz
    October 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

why don't you want your daughter to go?

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 11, 2012 at 5:02 PM

oops, never saw the invitation!

we're the only ones that know. go flush it or burn it. if she asks later tell her you never got it.

yeah its a lie. a little white one. who cares

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    October 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    If you let her go to the party she might get to be better friends with this girl and her bestie instead of being one of the newer girls they mock.
  • BekahBrownEyes
    October 11, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    Plan a fun girls day out with her. Mani&pedi's, spa day, movie and lunch....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts