Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LilynAustin
Cleaning my house...and my dirty little confession...
October 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I need words of encouragement!  I know how this is going to sound...but whatever, it's just some thing that happened and I am trying to get back on track.

I am normally a very clean person.  Not OCD, but I've known to take a toothbrush to grout to get it clean.  :)  Anyway, since my daughter was born I've literally done no housework.  Just the minimum to get by.  Most nights the dishes get rinsed, but never washed and put away.  There is clutter everywhere, my carpets haven't been vacuumed in like two days (which at my house is bad because of the sand and the kids).  Also, the laundry...well, it's BAD.  I was like, oh I can put this off for a while.  Well, today is the day that the straw broke the camels back.

One: I saw a palmetto bug.  A HUGE one.  Here in Florida we have bugs...lot's and lot's of bugs.  Well, a palmetto is just a huge cockroach (they can get to be the size of the palm of your hand.  And, the best part about them?  Those buggers can fly!  Oh yes...airborne cockroaches...let that sink in for a moment.

Two:  My husband and I are going out on a date night, so we have hired a babysitter for the first time ever.  I am SO excited!  However, I would be embarrassed for someone to walk into my house right now.

So, I need encouragement.  I know I can get this done.  I cannot believe I let my depression and laziness get the best of me, and allow myself to let things get this bad.  My kids do not deserve to live like this.  :(  I feel awful about it.  I am going to get this done, and by tomorrow evening I will be updating saying my house is immaculate, and everything is going to be okay.

Please, some good words, and maybe some tips?  I know there are OCD mommy's on here that can give me some pointers.  A few questions...

Are magic erasers worth the money?
What's a good multi-purpose cleaner?
How do you get permanent marker off of a fridge? (it's the pitted surface kind)
What's your favorite air freshner?
And, are carpet deoderizers worth it?  And, what would YOU recommend?

THANKS!!!!!! 

Replies

• bekalynne440
    October 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM

If you don't want to spend money on something to make the house smeel better, put 2 capfulls of vanilla in a coffe cup and put it in the oven on 300 degrees for 60 minutes.  It makes the whole house smell like cookies, lol.

• bekalynne440
    October 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Whenever I watch that show (not very often) I always think "I'm not a bad house keeper at all.  Not compared to these people!"

Quoting Aquamom25:

Watch an episode of Hoarders.. that'll motivate ya..

• LilynAustin
    October 11, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, I may turn that on Netflix here in a bit.  Taking a quick break.  Just went and got my son from the bus stop, and about to start on some dinner.  Just gotta remind myself to clean up AFTER dinner.  :)  Then tonight, I am going to have a glass of wine and start all over again...while watching Hoarders, lol!  Hell, maybe my husband will start watching it and get in the mood to clean too!

Quoting bekalynne440:

Whenever I watch that show (not very often) I always think "I'm not a bad house keeper at all.  Not compared to these people!"

Quoting Aquamom25:

Watch an episode of Hoarders.. that'll motivate ya..

• Trixi.VonLace
    October 11, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    They are really awesome! Imo they last longer than scentsy. I use vinegar for laundry too lol!!

Quoting LilynAustin:

We have a hobby lobby...I may just go check that out.  It's on the other side of town, but I am going to Joanne Fabrics to get some fabric to make a wrap for baby.  :)  It's literally down the road from there.  I love it when my house is clean and smells good.  Definitely working with vinegar...I use it for everything...including laundry.  Thanks!!!!

Quoting Trixi.VonLace:

Magic erasers are SOOOOO worth it, those suckers do it all! They will get that marker off for you. MP cleaner I either use just vinegar and water and for stains on the counters or to scrub the stove top I mix dish soap and baking sods into a paste. Febreeze is the best thing invented next to the magic erasers, I also use the scentsy knock offs from hobby lobby, I have one in the living room and it makes practically the entire house smell amazing. When I have to really do a deep clean I only think of one room at a time or it can get over whelming. Focus on one thing at a time and before you know it, you will be finished.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts