Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LilynAustin
Cleaning my house...and my dirty little confession...
October 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I need words of encouragement!  I know how this is going to sound...but whatever, it's just some thing that happened and I am trying to get back on track.

I am normally a very clean person.  Not OCD, but I've known to take a toothbrush to grout to get it clean.  :)  Anyway, since my daughter was born I've literally done no housework.  Just the minimum to get by.  Most nights the dishes get rinsed, but never washed and put away.  There is clutter everywhere, my carpets haven't been vacuumed in like two days (which at my house is bad because of the sand and the kids).  Also, the laundry...well, it's BAD.  I was like, oh I can put this off for a while.  Well, today is the day that the straw broke the camels back.

One: I saw a palmetto bug.  A HUGE one.  Here in Florida we have bugs...lot's and lot's of bugs.  Well, a palmetto is just a huge cockroach (they can get to be the size of the palm of your hand.  And, the best part about them?  Those buggers can fly!  Oh yes...airborne cockroaches...let that sink in for a moment.

Two:  My husband and I are going out on a date night, so we have hired a babysitter for the first time ever.  I am SO excited!  However, I would be embarrassed for someone to walk into my house right now.

So, I need encouragement.  I know I can get this done.  I cannot believe I let my depression and laziness get the best of me, and allow myself to let things get this bad.  My kids do not deserve to live like this.  :(  I feel awful about it.  I am going to get this done, and by tomorrow evening I will be updating saying my house is immaculate, and everything is going to be okay.

Please, some good words, and maybe some tips?  I know there are OCD mommy's on here that can give me some pointers.  A few questions...

Are magic erasers worth the money?
What's a good multi-purpose cleaner?
How do you get permanent marker off of a fridge? (it's the pitted surface kind)
What's your favorite air freshner?
And, are carpet deoderizers worth it?  And, what would YOU recommend?

THANKS!!!!!! 

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I use a lot of Clorox wipes and Pledge Multi-Surface.  There is a wood cleaner by Method (Target brand) and it smells so good!

• carterscutie85
    October 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM

The magic erasers are for sure worth it. It should take the perma marker off your fridge.

As for carpet deodorizers, I use the Glade kind. Target has it and so does Family Dollar. It's usually around 2 dollars. I can smell it in my carpet for days afterwards. I use it about once a week so my bag doesn't get too full of carpet powder.

Right now I am using Comet all purpose Lemon cleaner. I really like it but I also LOVE Mr. Clean with the scent of Gain. I work at Big Lots and we have good prices on cleaners.

Air fresheners, I like Air Wick or Glade. I love the Febreze kind too but they are usually more expensive than the other ones. (3 dollars for the Febreze ones I like but 1 dollar for the others)

• workingmama86
    October 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

to get permanent marker off your fridge, try finger nail polish remover. Kids colored all over my table once with permanent marker, and I used the nail polish remover, and it came right up! 

Also, i recommend those glade candles that turn to liquid and burn until the liquid evaporates... OMG it smells tho whole house up with a nice smell! I bought the pumpkin spice kind (or something similar) and i love it! 

• workingmama86
    October 11, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Another kind of air freshener I love is the airwick plug ins! They really do work too! And not too bad price wise! 

Quoting workingmama86:

to get permanent marker off your fridge, try finger nail polish remover. Kids colored all over my table once with permanent marker, and I used the nail polish remover, and it came right up! 

Also, i recommend those glade candles that turn to liquid and burn until the liquid evaporates... OMG it smells tho whole house up with a nice smell! I bought the pumpkin spice kind (or something similar) and i love it! 

• DEJavu17
    October 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Right now I use pinrsol for the floors, bleach for counters and bathroom. I like bleach because it kills everything. I pour some bleach cleaner into the tub with hot water, leave it sit while I finish the bathroom then wipe, drain and rinse!

I love carpet deodorizers.....I really wish I could find one that smells like Thai dragon fruit. But for now I use the glade carpet deodorizer in clean linen. Makes the house smell homey.....and I usually burn candles that smell like vanilla or baked goods.
  • LilynAustin
    October 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Thanks. Mmmm pumpkin spice...I will look for it.

Quoting workingmama86:

• Debalexxa
    October 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    U will be fine good luck....
  • DEJavu17
    October 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    I love big lots!!!!!! I can only find my favorite shampoo at big lots......salon selectives.

And they do have awesome prices for cleaners!

Quoting carterscutie85:

The magic erasers are for sure worth it. It should take the perma marker off your fridge.

As for carpet deodorizers, I use the Glade kind. Target has it and so does Family Dollar. It's usually around 2 dollars. I can smell it in my carpet for days afterwards. I use it about once a week so my bag doesn't get too full of carpet powder.

Right now I am using Comet all purpose Lemon cleaner. I really like it but I also LOVE Mr. Clean with the scent of Gain. I work at Big Lots and we have good prices on cleaners.

Air fresheners, I like Air Wick or Glade. I love the Febreze kind too but they are usually more expensive than the other ones. (3 dollars for the Febreze ones I like but 1 dollar for the others)

• carterscutie85
    October 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Thank you. We enjoy hearing that.

I used to shop there all the time even before I started working there lol. We get 20% off as employees so I definitely get great deals all the time.

Quoting DEJavu17:

I love big lots!!!!!! I can only find my favorite shampoo at big lots......salon selectives.

And they do have awesome prices for cleaners!

Quoting carterscutie85:
  • mybabyapples
    October 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    Do it now, stay on top of it, and it'll never get that bad again!!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN