Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I got a job!!
by Anonymous
October 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM
I got a job as a school bus driver! Hahah! I know it seems silly but they pay pretty good. $11.50/hr! And I can bring my oldest (she's 4). It's a huge bummer I can't take my other baby (he's 11 months) but I think family will be able to watch him for a couple hours a day. I just go in the morning and then afternoon about 2-3 hrs each.

I am so freaking excited!! Lol this job will give us about $1100 (after taxes) more a month which means we get to move out of my MILs house!!!!!!

YES!!! :))))

Replies

• armywife009
    October 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Yay! Congrats!

• Haley947
    October 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I know that exciting feeling.Because when my SO got a better paying job which meant we could move out of his mothers house,I literally jumped for joy..haha Congrats!!!

• MrsSamMerlotte
    October 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    I didn't drive, I was just a monitor. Most states don't have them, ri still does. But I would basically get off at every stop, let kids on, check under the bus to make sure there were no children or puppies and watch the kids. At first the kids were awesome. Then they switched my ruin and the kids were awful. It can go either way. But it was worth it

Quoting Anonymous:

So you liked it? Was it difficult to drive the bus? Lol and were the kids awful? I'm more worried about the kids!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

And you get holidays and weekends and school vacations off. I was a bus monitor at one point. I left at 12 an hour, went to school inbetween runs and got paid for 4 hours a day even though I only worked a little over 2. Best. Job. Ever.

• 3gr8tKids
    October 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Plus once you're working for the school district you can be considered for other opportunities as they come up.

Congratulations -I could never drive a big ol bus.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got a job as a school bus driver! Hahah! I know it seems silly but they pay pretty good. $11.50/hr! And I can bring my oldest (she's 4). It's a huge bummer I can't take my other baby (he's 11 months) but I think family will be able to watch him for a couple hours a day. I just go in the morning and then afternoon about 2-3 hrs each.

I am so freaking excited!! Lol this job will give us about $1100 (after taxes) more a month which means we get to move out of my MILs house!!!!!!

YES!!! :))))

• mem82
    by mem82

Congrats!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    Haha that's exactly how I feel too!!! Hopefully soon my DH will be getting a better paying job. It's just right now he's working two jobs! It's crazy

Quoting Haley947:

I know that exciting feeling.Because when my SO got a better paying job which meant we could move out of his mothers house,I literally jumped for joy..haha Congrats!!!

• luvmyaustin
    October 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    Yay
  • Haley947
    October 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM

It's hard these days!! You almost can't make without 2 jobs or both people working.I'll pray he gets ONE good paying job! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha that's exactly how I feel too!!! Hopefully soon my DH will be getting a better paying job. It's just right now he's working two jobs! It's crazy

Quoting Haley947:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    Thanks!

Quoting Haley947:

It's hard these days!! You almost can't make without 2 jobs or both people working.I'll pray he gets ONE good paying job! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Haley947:

• alyssasmommy318
    October 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Damn I want that job!!!! Congrats on the job op

Mom Confessions