Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I just found out my parents are 3rd or 4th cousins :/
by Anonymous
October 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM
They just found out too. But they don't think its a big deal. They say its far enough back that they don't consider themselves related. But it kind of freaked me out. I told them I don't wanna hear or speak of it again.

I want to forget about it.. I am too ashamed to tell anyone, even my husband. But I have to live with it and accept it. What am I gonna do, kill myself?

Am I overreacting?

Replies

• Piskie
    by Piskie
    October 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    Yes, you're over reacting.

Everyones related some way or another.... There's no generic problems that far apart
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 11, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    How long have they been together and how did they just find out?
  • beingme75
    October 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    I think u r overreacting only bc they didn't know either. It would be different if they knew and proceeded anyways.
  • Nicoleb9
    Just keep it to yourself and move on. It's not like you can do anything to change it.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

3rd of 4th cousins share very little dna. yes they come from the same genetic tree but thats all. I think you're overreacting a little

• mhaney03
    My parents are 3rd cousins 1x removed.... Or something like that. Big deal.
  • tifferie
    October 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    Legally they can get married. My grandparents were step siblings but not raised together.
  • Grumpylilpixy

I would be ashamed to and I would keep that one to myself. LOL

• Aislinn
    by Aislinn

LMAO You are soooooo overreacting, it is not even funny. Chill pill, Mama. It is no big deal. Most of us whose families have been in one area for a long time have some relatives married to relatives. It happens! Hell, in 34 states, it is legal to marry your first cousin! lol 

• surromama
    October 11, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    Yes, you are overreacting. That's pretty distant. I bet that happens a lot more than we know.

Mom Confessions