Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
manicMOM_DLC
teen moms, I have a question..
October 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

So, I had my son super young.  I got preggo at 14 and had him at 15.  I love my son dearly, and I wouldn't trade this life for anything in the world, but knowing what I know now I would have given adoption a better chance.  Although his life hasn't been a shitty one by any means, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without the help of my dad, some great people at the daycare he went to, and really close friends.  And I know that if he had been adopted that he would have had a much more normal and stable life from the start. 

I dont regret my decision, but if I could go back in time and do it differently I would have considered it.

Do any of you feel the same way?

Replies

• MyLittlePwny
    October 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM
    No but I waited and had my first at 24. Here's a bump.
  • Maks1mommy
    October 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM
    Nope.
  • danichaos
    October 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    Well then you're not a teen mom then, aren't you??

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

• danichaos
    October 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    I should have, yes. I even called an adoption agency and didn't follow through.
  • Ashgambit

I don't.  I was 18 when I got pregnant, and 19 when I had her.  I was living with DH (who was at the time DF), we made ends meet, and we were both very ready for a baby.  We're married now, it's ben 7 years since DH and I got together, 6 years since I had DD, and I'm due in two weeks with baby #2.  For me, even though I was a teen mom, I was ready and had a great situation.  I know this is not the norm for many teen moms.  Dh was, at the time we got together and I got pregnant, 21.

• PinkWink
    No.
  • MyLittlePwny
    October 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM
    I bumped the fucking post for her. STFU

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

• manicMOM_DLC

Quoting danichaos:

I should have, yes. I even called an adoption agency and didn't follow through.

glad im not the only one.

• moosesmom
    Well she did say she was 24 at the time...lol. I'm pretty sure she knew she wasn't a teen mom.

Quoting danichaos:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

• brittani
    I had my ds at 19. It's been difficult at times but he's had a great life. I would have done anything differently

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN