Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MommieBre21
Locking your toddler in his/her room?
October 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I got this from another group.  

If your almost 2 year old could climb out of his crib, and get out of the baby gates at night, is it ok to just lock him/her in their room, even with a baby monitor inside of their room? 

I don't do this, my kids usually stay in their beds at night, so I don't have this problem yet.

Replies

• megan71108
    October 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    K.what if someone was breaking in?? Would you leave them in there

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting megan71108:Door gets jammed and there's a fire??? Then what

In a fire it's best to have door close and children to stay in their beds so in either case having the door "locked" wouldn't be a negative. If the door jammed, you would kick it down, trust me!

My kids don't have locks not their doors, I would have to use a child knob so no jamming would happen but they are older now, so it's unneeded.

• BeAmour
    by BeAmour
    October 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    noooooo
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 5:48 AM

my ds stays in our room because i dont trust him not to escape lol hes gated and hasnt climbed over yet but he is sure good at knocking it down... even after dh nailed it in place

• thefiregoddess
    October 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    Absolutely not.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    October 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM

No it's NOT OK!

• JBiiirdD
    October 11, 2012 at 5:58 AM
    They make those plastic knob covers that make it hard for a child to turn the knob & open the door, we use those.
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM

my son kicks them down too. im actually looking to get a dog gate. it stand about 4 feet tall and bolts to the door frame on 1 side and then latches on the other. i fugure he cant get his leg overr it and he cant scale it.... perfect lol

Quoting MommieBre21:

She said she uses them but he kicks them down, a girl asked this in young moms.

Quoting hargonagain:

That is a great way to cause emotional problems! Why not a baby gate?

• crazynlove78
    October 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    No, just get a baby gate. Easier to jump in case of emergencies.
  • alibrezzy154
    October 11, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    No way in hell I'd rather resort to her sleeping in my bed if it came to that.
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM

mine is. dh nailed the thing in place and ds still kicks it down or rips it down, nails and all. 

Quoting amber710:

He kicks them down? I have never heard of that. Maybe the gate she is using is cheap or not being installed properly. A child under 2 should not be strong enough to "kick down" a safety gate....

Quoting MommieBre21:

She said she uses them but he kicks them down, a girl asked this in young moms.

Quoting hargonagain:

That is a great way to cause emotional problems! Why not a baby gate?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts