Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MommieBre21
Locking your toddler in his/her room?
October 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I got this from another group.  

If your almost 2 year old could climb out of his crib, and get out of the baby gates at night, is it ok to just lock him/her in their room, even with a baby monitor inside of their room? 

I don't do this, my kids usually stay in their beds at night, so I don't have this problem yet.

Replies

• megan71108
    October 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    K.what if someone was breaking in?? Would you leave them in there

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting megan71108:Door gets jammed and there's a fire??? Then what

In a fire it's best to have door close and children to stay in their beds so in either case having the door "locked" wouldn't be a negative. If the door jammed, you would kick it down, trust me!

My kids don't have locks not their doors, I would have to use a child knob so no jamming would happen but they are older now, so it's unneeded.

• BeAmour
    by BeAmour
    October 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    noooooo
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 5:48 AM

my ds stays in our room because i dont trust him not to escape lol hes gated and hasnt climbed over yet but he is sure good at knocking it down... even after dh nailed it in place

• thefiregoddess
    October 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    Absolutely not.
  • Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    October 11, 2012 at 5:52 AM

No it's NOT OK!

• JBiiirdD
    October 11, 2012 at 5:58 AM
    They make those plastic knob covers that make it hard for a child to turn the knob & open the door, we use those.
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM

my son kicks them down too. im actually looking to get a dog gate. it stand about 4 feet tall and bolts to the door frame on 1 side and then latches on the other. i fugure he cant get his leg overr it and he cant scale it.... perfect lol

Quoting MommieBre21:

She said she uses them but he kicks them down, a girl asked this in young moms.

Quoting hargonagain:

That is a great way to cause emotional problems! Why not a baby gate?

• crazynlove78
    October 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    No, just get a baby gate. Easier to jump in case of emergencies.
  • alibrezzy154
    October 11, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    No way in hell I'd rather resort to her sleeping in my bed if it came to that.
  • weirdkids
    October 11, 2012 at 6:02 AM

mine is. dh nailed the thing in place and ds still kicks it down or rips it down, nails and all. 

Quoting amber710:

He kicks them down? I have never heard of that. Maybe the gate she is using is cheap or not being installed properly. A child under 2 should not be strong enough to "kick down" a safety gate....

Quoting MommieBre21:

She said she uses them but he kicks them down, a girl asked this in young moms.

Quoting hargonagain:

That is a great way to cause emotional problems! Why not a baby gate?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN