Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Dude! be grateful!
by Anonymous
October 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I need to get my DH an anniversary gift and birthday gift. (his birthday is right after out anniversary). I went to the mall today to look around and see if I could find anything that he might like.... yeah no luck.

I've asked DH what he would like and I get "I dunno" or "nothing." I made the mistake of getting him nothing one year for Valentines day when he said nothing and we agreed NOT to get anything for each other. No matter what I get him, it's always the same thing. he is bland about it. he never gets happy or excited. He frequently complains that it's not "him". even if I get him something FROM his LIST that he says he wanted it's the same thing! Just be grateful! sheesh.

So here I am, completely at a loss for what to get for him! He likes video games, but says that he doesn't have time to play them (he really doesn't). He likes mind games like rubix cubes and things like that, but once he solves them (or decides that he can't solve them) he puts them down and stops playing. He likes to exercise, but has all of the equipment he needs. he says I am not allowed to buy clothes for him because he has a specific taste and I'm not that great at style.

Please help me? give me some ideas on what to give him?

Replies

• GatorsWife4Life
    October 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

What about some kind of an electronic that he can take with him while he is one the go and play games since he doesn't have time to at home. What about an ipad or a tablet? Dh was on the road all the time and gone a lot so I bought him a camera so that he could show me all the places he had been. He loved it. He also has a tablet to keep him busy when he has down time. Good luck momma. I am sure you will find something great. :))

• shudderette
    October 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM
    Food? Most men like to eat.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    Give him some ass, he'll love it!! Promise!!
  • LadyDIN
    by LadyDIN
    October 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Awww, that's one of the things DH is looking forward to.

However, what I meant was are there any games that he is a fan of? Like DH hasn't played Zelda in a long time. But if I got him a Triforce pin for his hat, say, he'd be pleased. Last year it was a  1-up beanie for cold weather. Him and his dad used to Mario it up in the NES/Super NES days.

Ex: your DH used to play Pokemon back when he had time to be a gamer. Pokemon shwag.

Used to play hours (or days) of Halo? Halo throw for couch napping.

Quoting Anonymous:

he has an xbox and kinect. the only game he's played recently was with our DS Rayman. the only reason he played was for some quality time with DS.

Quoting LadyDIN:

What kind of gamer is he? Old schoo, mario, or COD kind of games? Game shwag usually works for my DH. Is there anything that would make his life easier, more comfy, safer etc?

DH and I picked out a CO2 pistol for his birthday. He wears it when he walks home from work. It makes him feel safer, and I feel better too.

Mom Confessions