Mom Confessions

brittany208
Homemade or Storebought?
October 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I think Homemade Halloween costumes are cuter. DH says they scream "my parents are too poor to buy me a costume!" Which do you prefer?

Homemade or Storebought?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 44% - Homemade
  2. 20% - Storebought
  3. 35% - Either equally

Replies

• atyou
    by atyou
    October 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    Homemade all they way.

They are almost always better.
  • mommy_me
    October 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Depends on the quality of the home made costumes

And I make my girls costumes

• buttercup627
    October 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    I think real homemade costumes are creative and more fun then generic, and usually making a costume is more expensive then a $20 bag costume. However there are some parents that cheap out with "homemade" and it looks thrown together and cheap. I think it depends on effort :)
  • mrs.clark4ever
    October 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Homemade is always pretty sweet because when you get compliments it makes them just that much better :) I'm not against storebought though, they have some pretty crazy costumes out there lol. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Last year was a mime. No sewing required. I just bought her some suspenders. She already had everything else.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I buy some things from the store to go with my homemade costumes. (Sorry but I just don't want to make fairy wings!!!! LOL) 

• hautemama83
    October 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    Depends. I've seen some really shitty looking homemade costumes, and really shitty store bough ones.
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    It doesn't matter to me. It's up to DS but if it's store bought I usually end up having to modify in some way and if it's homemade it usually costs me more. LOL
  • SuperPickle

Homemade.....this was last year. We had our picture in the paper twice and tons of compliments...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Your DH is right, unless you're some super creative person that can make a fabulous costume without breaking a sweat, but that just screams "look at me i can do stuff because im perfect" and makes me want to punch you in the throat.

Mom Confessions