Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is being a divorced parent easier than a married parent?
by Anonymous
October 10, 2012 at 6:12 AM
I've been wondering about this. I am a full time mom and I love it, but sometimes I would like a day off. I have divorced friends and at least 2 days a week, they get to clean house and chill.
I never want to be divorced, but I am just curious.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 10, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    It's easier only in the sense of getting to take an actual break when kid/kids go to see daddy.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 10, 2012 at 6:16 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

It's easier only in the sense of getting to take an actual break when kid/kids go to see daddy.

What about if you're remarried and don't have to ever be a single parent? Would that be easier?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 10, 2012 at 6:19 AM
    Probably. They can send their kid with the ex a couple times a week or whenever. Married families don't do that.
  • MJNMADDYSMOMMY
    October 10, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    Yes every other weekend my exhusband takes the kids for 24hrs and I get to go to work then have drinks with friends or go on a date with my df.
  • kristiansmommy1
    October 10, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    My stbxh doesn't take my son ever so no. It's a lot harder actually, trying to find child care, supporting a household on one income. It does have its perks but it's not easier
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 10, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    Really you would consider getting a divorce for 2 days without ur kids? This brings selfish to a whole new level.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 10, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    Quoting MJNMADDYSMOMMY:

Yes every other weekend my exhusband takes the kids for 24hrs and I get to go to work then have drinks with friends or go on a date with my df.

That's what ive told my dh. Lol, I le him, but in some ways it would be easier. Although I would have to work full time, pay for daycare and be away from my child
  • Anonymous 1
    October 10, 2012 at 6:23 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Really you would consider getting a divorce for 2 days without ur kids? This brings selfish to a whole new level.

I obviously stated no about that.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 10, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    Quoting Anonymous:

I think it might be about the same, for me anyway. My mom helps out a lot with my son on the days I'm not doing good. My live in BF helps when he can. My ex and I share equal custody. One thing that makes me happy is my son and BF love each other.

• MJNMADDYSMOMMY
    October 10, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    It really kills me to be away from them for the time that they are with their biodad but its only my weekend to work so its 6am on Sat-2:30pm on Sunday (his choice I allow free access for him to our kids) and due to his job he doesn't take them during the week. We split holidays whatever works best for both of us, no court order.

I do get to catch up on laundry and other things so I'm grateful for that break when we were married I was sole caretaker plus housework and had a job so yes my situation now is less stressful by far! :-) But like you said before that's not a reason to get divorced.lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MJNMADDYSMOMMY:

That's what ive told my dh. Lol, I le him, but in some ways it would be easier. Although I would have to work full time, pay for daycare and be away from my child

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN