Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Moniker
I blocked the disney channel
by Moniker
October 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

Replies

• momto3infl
    October 11, 2012 at 6:57 AM

It's a work of fiction-some cartoons I dont allow because I feel they are dumb and sick, but all in all my kids know that the other shows that show the kids acting like you stated and parents like that it is all fiction.

• MisfitInTN
    October 11, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Ds watches Disney and I don't have a problem with it
  • mmtosam06
    October 11, 2012 at 7:20 AM

i love pbs as its more educational:)

• LaLa_Ivory
    October 11, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    Hahahahahhahahahaahhahahahaah
  • momma2b2008
    October 11, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    Wow, I'm soooo glad I'm not your kids!!
  • priincessz
    October 11, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    Disney is the DEBIL!!!!
  • milmil06
    October 11, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    U know they brought back pb&j otter my husband and I were laughing and my 3 yo about died laughing cus I was singing the song lol I use to watch that show when I was younger not little but young like 7 or maybe older but still I use to watch it lol

Quoting cjsix:

They've been blocked at our house for years and even my older kids say the shows they have now aren't anything like those they use to have and they feel sorry for their neice and nephew and other kids that don't get to watch the good shows like Bear in The Big Blue House,PB & J Otter,Blues Clues, Lamb Chop,Big Comfy Couch(?),Bananas in Pajamas,etc...

• buzymom93
    October 11, 2012 at 9:37 AM

my son loves those channels and watches them...  i have no problem with it.. i don't allow the tv to dictate how my son behaves

• ButterflyMom194
    October 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM
    It doesn't bother me because it is meant for children so its suppose to be immature!! My daughter knows better than to act the way they do on those shows. It's just some form if entertainment
  • shoucate
    October 11, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    I agree that the parent is responsible for teaching values, manners and proper behavior.....but to those that think tv has no influence on a child is ridiculous. Allowing a child to watch shows whose characters act badly is implied consent unless you make it a teaching moment and explain why that behavior is never acceptable. I also agree that the people at Disney have changed their standards on what is family friendly to make a buck. They want parents watching to sell more stuff.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN