Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Moniker
I blocked the disney channel
by Moniker
October 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

Replies

• armyvet06
    October 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    I rarely put on cartoon network. I normally play pbs, disney jr and nick junior for dd. And i will put it on the regular disney channel if a good cartoon/ movie is on. I grew up watching disney and so will dd.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4

I dont have them blocked and i dont really see anything wrong with it, nothing that i think my kids would actually get out of it or start acting out bc of it or anything, but i see what your saying, i think the same thing. The kids run everything in the shows and the parents are always silly, or stupid, or like you said incompetent. 

• leanne_7845

Feel better now?  LOL

• heavenV
    by heavenV
    October 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM
    On Cartoon network, I only let dd watch tom and jerry, and scoobydoo.

she watches most of the show on disney jr and nick jr.

Ooo and Victorious. That we watch together. Lol
  • lovinmybabyboys
    I think your overreacting. The Disney Channel has some really good shows during the day. Nick Jr has some good ones during the day to. You just have to monitor what they watch.
  • pse07
    by pse07
    My kids watch nick jr, sprout, Disney jr. It's shows are geared towards younger audiences.
  • renner450
    October 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM
    I love the Disney channel well Disney jr anyways and so does my daughter
  • TarantulaTress
    October 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM
    I watch ICarly with my eight year old...
  • renner450
    I said this in his voice lmao

Quoting leanne_7845:

Feel better now?  LOL

• pittiesmom
    I only let dd watch a few shows like Umi Zoomi, Dora, Diego, Octonauts, Little Einsteins, and other shows that actually teach real life things.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts