Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Moniker
I blocked the disney channel
by Moniker
October 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

Replies

• lilasmommy418
    October 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM
    0.o
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    I think you may be over reacting just a tad.
  • mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    I see no issue.
  • manicMOM_DLC
    I hate them. But I think there's a fine balance between over exposure and just enough. I hated being the kid in school who doesn't get to join in the convo cuz mommy won't let me watch the tv.
  • leidy2011
    October 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM
    Love them and so does ds. Get over yourself. You're the parent so it's up to you to teach your kids family values not some fake show. They are there to entertain not to teach u how to be a family.
  • RLT2
    by RLT2

Idk, I'l be back when Spongebob's over....

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3

I would have blocked them too. I fully agree with you. 

• -ZombieGirl-

I don't have that problem DD watches Sprout. She refuses to watch anything but Sprout. lol

• MyraEllen
    October 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    I haven't had cable in nearly 3 years, and when I did, my kid didn't care about TV except for Yo Gabba Gabba. He barely cares about TV now. So I don't really remember what was on those channels.

But to your OP, its your house, your rules. Get DVD's of those shows you liked and introduce them to your kids.
  • Ninjascreenname
    October 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    I can agree, however- it's up to the parent to teach these things, not the tv. My child watches Sprout and Nick, and she isn't anything like the characters. She also doesn't act like a two year old. I can see however if you park your child in front of the tv and don't interact with them, this could be a problem.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN