Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Moniker
I blocked the disney channel
by Moniker
October 10, 2012 at 1:14 AM

and Nick and Cartoon Network. I think these channels are disgusting. The shows characters are rude, shallow, immature, vulgar, selfish, stupid. They don't promote any good qualities. You rarely see parents or portrayal of family lifestyle. When there is a parent figure around, he/she is usually an incompetent, helpless buffoon, who is a blubbering mess over some issue they can't solve independently.  They're not like the old Cosby Show and Family Ties, where the family was valued and vital. Parents were loving, wise, helpful, and competent. 

What do you think about the content on these channels? 

Replies

• drivenleonian
    October 12, 2012 at 1:33 AM
    I recently decided to block those channels. They're mindless and are of no value to bringing up intelligent children. The content is less than desirable for expected behavior.
  • Babygurl5412
    October 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

My daughter only watches sprout, and baby develpoment those are the only two channels that intrest her, she's 8month oul

• SharonHernandez
    October 14, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    That's all my daughter watched, but now I have sudden link and they don't have that channel. Now our tv is stuck on Disney

Quoting -ZombieGirl-:

I don't have that problem DD watches Sprout. She refuses to watch anything but Sprout. lol

• mammaangelof4
    October 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I think some of it is a bit of garbage tv is trying to make our kids grow up sooner. I say monitor what they watch. My daughter and I love Good luck charlie and its on disney. I think they are a pretty normal tv family but as far as some of the other shows I dont like them so much we just dont watch them.That is for ALL tv not just disney or nick or whatever.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN