Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
why is everyone so overweight
by Anonymous
October 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?

Replies

• itsm3
    by itsm3
    October 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM

too many calories are consumed on a daily basis with little or no activity.  

• johnnys_mom6605
    October 10, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Personally, I have no energy. My thyroid is twice the size it should be and I'm borderline hyperthyroidism BUT instead of having issues gaining, I have issues losing. The only time I ever lost weight was when I exercised every waking moment that I could. And even then, I only got down to 180lbs. Now that I have kids, I can't exercise constantly. I try to. My kids watch a lot of wiggles and we dance to them. Or I put music on to clean. It just doesn't do much good. And I don't eat the best. I eat fruits and veggies for snacks instead of high carb foods. That does help. But again, not enough.
  • epoh
    by epoh
    Everyone?
  • Anonymous 27
    by Anonymous 27
    The food. Its addictive, and, most of it is junk.
  • Anonymous 28
    by Anonymous 28
    October 10, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Some people just choose to not eat properly...Lack of exercise or activity. 

• beeky
    by beeky

American portion sizes.  They are massive! 

• justinnaimee
    I don't think there is just one factor. Its a combination of laziness, instant gratification, bad nutrition, lack of physical activity, genetics. Probably more as well.
  • momof2boy2girl
    October 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    I'm not going to go anon, even though I might piss some people off. I agree with you completely. Granted, making fun of bigger people is wrong, so is the "big is beautiful" thing. Obesity is not healthy and people that are overweight need to work at being more healthy. I'm not saying that fat people are ugly, just that they are not healthy. I equate it to a picture of a model smoking. No matter how beautiful the person is, the unhealthy part completely takes that away.

Quoting areles:

fat acceptance is by far the biggest culprit.

• Anonymous 29
    by Anonymous 29
    October 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    Its sad. I think its most likely laziness. I mean, its easier to eat like crap and not exercise than to eat good and work out.
    I'm 23, have 2 kids and one more on the way and I'm more in shape (even at 16 weeks pregnant) than my SIL who has never even had kids. I see girls all the time so out of shape. If you don't take care of yourself from a young age it'll not only be harder when you are older but you'll be more prone to gain weight easily, plus all the unhealthy habits you'd have acquired from before.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    yes, I wasn't necessarily wanting a person to person case.
    obesity is a national problem, everywhere I look or go I notice more and more people, especially younger people with weight issues. I just don't understand.

Quoting epoh:

Everyone?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts