Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
why is everyone so overweight
by Anonymous
October 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM
I know I'm really going to get bashed hard for this. I am going to try and be as sensitive as possible, I do not mean to offend anyone.
I was a stick girl, always so tall, thin, and beautiful. Then I became mom, and lazy. I gained 80+ lbs. It has taken 2 years and a lot of sweat, tears and even blood to get where I'm at now. I completely understand how easy it is to get out of shape.
I'm 28 , and I was in job training the other day. I was the oldest female there, average was about 19. I was also the only female in shape. It is so sad.
I want to know why you personally think obesity is such a problem. Is it the government? Laziness ? What do you think?

Replies

• ragdoll13
    October 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    I don't support bullying, it did come off wrong. I was trying to make the point that even on a childs level, being obese is becoming acceptable. Everyones just so sensitive about everything nowadays. If a kid is fat he shouldn't be encouraged to sit out of gym or recess just because he's being bullied- he needs to be encouraged to get out there,n move his butt and prove evryone wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agreed with everything but the bullying bit. Plenty of that still happens and it shouldn't. You come off as if you support bullying.

Quoting ragdoll13:

Its too easy to be fat. They're making fashionable clothes in too large sizes, people hide behind thyroid "issues", there is no guideline fold what food stamps can buy, kids aren't allowed to bully, gym programs have their funding cut, parents sit kids in front of video games, the health horrors of being fat aren't being shoved in people's faces. Lots of reasons.

• ragdoll13
    October 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    Everyone is so sensitive about everything. If a kid is getting bullied because of his weight, he should be encouuraged to get up and move. Not allowed to sit out to avoid other kids. Kids will be kids and kids will pick on other kids. Its how it works. Nothing could ever change it. I was trying to make the point, and it came out wrong that even on a childs level, being obese is becoming acceptable.

Quoting Kazoo22:

Did you really just say that on purpose? Bullying in any form is wrong. If kids are allowed to bully based on weight, then it will just escalate into other forms whether it's something physical like someone's nose, or the way there face looks, etc to things like clothing, and other things children can't control.

I'm not saying kids can't control being overweight, but bullying is not the answer it's just another problem. Which by the way is a big reason why kids get fat or get fatter. I know from watching people I went to school with that bullying because of weight caused more self-loathing and self-esteem issues that lead to more overeating or eating disorders. Yes we should educate children on the importance of exercise and being healthy, but bully doesn't do any of that. 

Quoting ragdoll13:

Its too easy to be fat. They're making fashionable clothes in too large sizes, people hide behind thyroid "issues", there is no guideline fold what food stamps can buy, kids aren't allowed to bully, gym programs have their funding cut, parents sit kids in front of video games, the health horrors of being fat aren't being shoved in people's faces. Lots of reasons.

• LaMerica
    October 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Sometimes it's genetics, sometimes it's lifestyle, sometimes it's brought on my health issues or even medications. The cause varies.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    This is really the only answer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eating too much if the wrong food and lack of activity

• pamk5641
    October 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

It's a matter of food choices and portion control. 

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    October 10, 2012 at 7:40 AM

It really depends on the person.  There are so many reasons people gain weight.  For me I gained 60 pounds in two months from my tubal.  I was actually going to the gym and breastfeeding at the time. After I stopped breastfeeding I hit a huge depression.  I stopped taking my vitamins and began skipping meals.  I was actually eating too little.  I didn't skip meals on purpose.  I would just get so busy that I would forget to eat.  Last year I began taking Karate and it has changed my life inside and out.  

• Nicoleb9
    October 10, 2012 at 7:45 AM
    Absolutely.

Quoting areles:

fat acceptance is by far the biggest culprit.

• Nicoleb9
    October 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    That is so true about the thyroid issues. My own thyroid is essentially nonfunctioning. I'm on Synthroid for it but I still can't eat normally. I fill up on coffee with Equal and skim milk as well as Diet Coke pretty much all day and eat very little that isn't low calorie and low fat. I couldn't live in the kind of bodies I see every time I go to my Endocrinologist. They sit in the lobby and lament of their thyroids causing their obesity and I'm sure it plays a huge part in it but I seriously doubt their toes have seen the inside of running shoes any time lately. Say I'm assuming if you want to but I would bet the bank that I'm right. It's their choice and right to not fight their disease but that's still not an excuse.

Quoting ragdoll13:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 10, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    I don't think its a coincidence that America is not only one of the fattest countries but also one of the most stressful. Stress is known to make people fat. And not just because of stress eating. It physically changes your bodies chemical makeup. Laziness has a role too but that just one factor and is obviously not the main reason.
  • Jacqalyn
    October 10, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I want to know how you were lazy after having kids?

As for your question there are many reason why so many are overweight. Some becasue of their health, some are just lazy, some just were never taught how to eat right and some no matter how  much they try  they just can't seem to lose the weight.

I know with me it's my eating habits. I don't eat like I should, I don't overeat ( such as constantly eating things I shouldn't and shoving sweets and fatty foods in my mouth. I don't eat as much as I should. One meal a day can hurt your weight especially when you overeat on that one meal. My body is storing the fat because I'm not adding enough food like I should throught out the day , then being eating when I do. Yes I am working on it though. It's hard to eat when you aren't hungry. I do try to stay busy and exercise as well.

Yesterday I did manange to eat two meals. I had homemade french toast with very little syrup for breakfast and then for dinner I had barbecue chicken cooked in the crockpot with a baked potatoe ( a tsp of butter and a tsp of sour cream) and a salad with very little dressing. I do drink water. I love it, the colder the better :)

I don't think it's what I cook for the fact that my family eats the same foods I do but yet the are skinny. They do eat 3 meals a day plus snacks, I don't.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts