Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Traceyssel
There's an animal in my fireplace.
October 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Okay It's really a log burner.

Like that, except ours doesnt have "windows" in the doors. When the doors are shut, I cant see inside.

I hear something moving around in there. Should I call animal control? Do they charge you money? Or should I call the landlord?

Replies

• gypsy_rose
    October 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Call the land lord. He is responsible for pest control type things NORMALY (unless you do something to bring them in)

• masonsmommy107
    October 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM

call animal controle they don't charge us here in my town

• mdatca
    by mdatca
    October 9, 2012 at 12:41 PM

How big does it sound?  I am thinking a squirrel but I have heard of racoons also.  I am going to say that animal control will refer you to an exterminator. 

• Traceyssel
    October 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I think it's up in the pipe. I hear scratching sounds. No idea about size :( all I know is it scared the shit out of me and I locked the doors before some werewolf or something kills us.

• LucyHarper
    October 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Call the landlord, they are usually responsible for pest control issues, and they can call animal control to come check it out. We had an owl stuck in our chimney once.

• Traceyssel
    October 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

we didnt have to sign a lease with our landlord, is he still responsible?

• Double_Trouble
    October 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    I had a bird in mine once. It actually got out and made it's way into our bedroom. Made a huge mess. Call animal control and check.
  • PeaceLoveZ
    October 9, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Call pest removers, they'll charge you or have your landlord call them and see if he'll foot the bill. My one place I had with friends we had critters living in our chimney "The Bennetts" where their names, little bastards. We thought it was a bunch of birds but finally after like a year we called someone about it and they were Racoon youngings!

• Traceyssel
    October 9, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

Call pest removers, they'll charge you or have your landlord call them and see if he'll foot the bill. My one place I had with friends we had critters living in our chimney "The Bennetts" where their names, little bastards. We thought it was a bunch of birds but finally after like a year we called someone about it and they were Racoon youngings!

oh wow!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM

if you dont want to call anyone, could you not just light a fire

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!