Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
my 16 year old sister is having sex
by Anonymous
October 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM

This is my family issue of the day.

My opinion in this. Teenagers will have sex if they decide to. All you can really do is give them the knowledge they need on sex and protection and hope for the best. No, I am not saying you should support them having sex. You cant keep her locked up forever. If you do she will rebel and it will turn out worse. She is a junior in hs. She makes good grades. She goes to all the hs activities like any normal junior. She is not a trouble maker at all. I think my family should be thankful she was honest mom and me. She could have easily said she wasnt. Atleast this way she can get bc.

My mom agrees with me. Surely she is disappointed, so am I. My older sister is the problem. She is blaming my parents for my sister losing her virginity. Saying my lil sister shouldnt have been alone with this guy and yada yada. He is 17. imo I think my sister can do better. She is gorgeous and hasa good head on her shoulders. Other than this sex thing. But we cant judge her forever because she had sex. Evil bf is a different post all together. So, moving on...

My oldre sister said something that pissed me off. She says she just doesnt want my lil sister to turn out like we did. What? I was unaware I turned out bad. I didnt get pregnant when I was 16. Not bashing anyone who did, but that was a completely different thing all together. I did lose my virginity when I was 15. But I went on to graduate hs and college. I had my son when I was 19, but legally I was an adult.

My older sister on the other hand lost it at 14 and went on to do every guy she ever met. Dropped out of hs, got a rep of being a whore, had 2 kids before she was 20. Boith of them got takin away and my parents are raising them. She got addicted to meth. Thank god she finally grew up in her mid 20s. Now she is doing ok. She is married and has another child that she raises and I am proud of her. The point here is it doesnt always hurt your future, like she is claiming. It did hers because that was the life she chose. I just dont think she needs to be blaming my parents. There is no way this could have been avoided if my lil sister wanted it to happen.

Its not like every 16 yr old gets pregnant. I know alot do, but take a moment to see how many didnt. Like I said I dont support this and I am disappointed. But I love my sister and I think the answer is not to fight with her. The answer is to give her knowledge and birth control incase it happends again. She says it wont, but I know eventually it will.

Ok go ahead, bash me to a pulp. I just want other opinions on this

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    I think she is assuming your little sister will turn out like her. I agree with you and your mothers opinion
  • mommy_me

I would not be ok with her having sex. And I can see why your older sister says she doesnt want her to turn out like her.

Teens almost always fail at taking BC correctly. Its sad that at such a young age she is already having sex. Your mother should not have left her alone with a boy. I agree with.

Teens will have sex. WHEN GIVEN THE OPPERTUNITY. If they dont have it, then they wont do it. Im not saying never leave them alone, but dont make it easy for them either

• Risley_Six
    I say, if they are old enough to reproduce, they are old enough to be educated about birth control/etc.
    My sister asked her mom more than once for birth control. Her mother's reaction was to ground her or tell her she's too young to have sex so she's not buying her birth control or condoms.
    My sister is now 18 and has an 18 month old and is pregnant again.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I am sure she wont be as trusted now, but its not like they stayed together at night or something. There are dates a few fridays a month, homecoming, football games, prom and whatever other highschoolactivities. My parents didnt let her do anything out of the ordinary.

Quoting mommy_me:

I would not be ok with her having sex. And I can see why your older sister says she doesnt want her to turn out like her.

Teens almost always fail at taking BC correctly. Its sad that at such a young age she is already having sex. Your mother should not have left her alone with a boy. I agree with.

Teens will have sex. WHEN GIVEN THE OPPERTUNITY. If they dont have it, then they wont do it. Im not saying never leave them alone, but dont make it easy for them either

• Kaitlin123
    October 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM
    This was too long to read lol
  • ncohetero
    October 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    As long as she's educated about sex and birth control then she should be fine. You can't force abstinence on your children. Not to say any patent wants to think of their child as sexually active but it is a reality. We just have to guide them
  • lucky2Beeme
    October 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Quoting mommy_me:

How will you prevent your child/ren from ever being alone with the opposite sex ?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    The same thing is going on with my sister except I'm the older sister who agrees with you and the middle sister is blaming my parents and doesn't want her being a whore like she was.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    I was left alone with boys as a teen but I had self control. I went to parties where I could have had sex but didn't. I was 17 when I lost my virginity to my now husband. Its not opportunities its self control.

Quoting mommy_me:

• lucky2Beeme
    October 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM

While I am not a huge fan of teen sex, I know it happens. The smartest thing is to have an open relationship between teen and parent where communication is key. I think your older sister is regretting her teen life and hoping your younger sister doesn't choose that path. I think the fact your younger sister is honest and went to your mom is Wonderful. parents need to stop thinking"not my child" and get real.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts