Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
hp2011
Someone is teaching my 4yo racism.
by hp2011
October 9, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yesterday, SO had the day off, so he was around and he was grilling some food for dinner. We have a son together, and our son is black and white. My 4yo is mexican and white.

Well, 4yo out of nowhere decided to start spewing off at the mouth saying "black guys can't be husbands and they're old and dirty"... I don't know if that's something that he can make up, but I drilled him for an hour off and on asking who said that to him or where he learned it from. I told him a million times nicely that he won't be in trouble, but I need to know because whoever that person is, I don't want around my SO, or my other son.

Note that we don't watch a lot of TV and when we do, it's cartoons.

4yo kept going from one person to the other, listing off people who told him this, to the point where I don't know what to believe because he went from my grandfather, all the way to my uncle, to his dad, and a few more people in-between.

Should I Just let it go?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM
    No, that is unacceptable and needs to stop!
  • hp2011
    by hp2011
    October 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

:/ I don't know what to do. He's smart enough to not want to tell me the truth for fear of the person getting in trouble.

• hp2011
    by hp2011
    October 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

bump

• hp2011
    by hp2011
    October 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM

bump

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    You need to explain to him the other person won't get in trouble BUT you do need to tell them to not teach your ds to speak like that.

Quoting hp2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

:/ I don't know what to do. He's smart enough to not want to tell me the truth for fear of the person getting in trouble.

• hp2011
    by hp2011
    October 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM

bump

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I would just explain to him how that is not nice to say and simply not true, point out all the awesome things your SO does for him and you, and your other son and make it clear that if the things he was saying were true then your SO wouldn't do those nice things for him. Then I would just leave it be. I doubt he really knows what he is saying at this age.

• UgtaBkdnMe
    October 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Sounds like shit kids say, nothing racist about it.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM
    Is his dad your ex and the one who is Mexican?
  • jillj501
    October 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM
    Maybe drop it for a few days and when he brings it up again be very cool. Nonchalantly ask, "Oh really? Who told you that?" If he won't tell you, you are going to have to start talking to family. SMH! So sad!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN