Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Don't claim his last name on Facebook...
by Anonymous
October 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

... if your ass isn't married!!

This annoys the shit out of me. I have three friends on Facebook (people that I know personally - two family members and one old friend) who have their boyfriend's last name listed as their on.

Don't play wifey if you aren't married. And if you don't feel the need for "a piece of paper" or "vows are just words" then fine, but don't parade around pretending to be something you aren't. Shit's worse than wearing a big ass CZ wedding ring. Fake! (which is an entirely different debate...).

I take pride in being married. Marriage is a holy unity to me. It isn't something I take lightly and neither should anyone else. So for a 16yo who's knocked up by her boyfriend and living with his parents to carry on like she's married... yeah, *eyeroll*. Or for a woman who's been living with her baby daddy for 3 years, but the man won't actually propose to her, to wear his last name like she's married. Ugh.

I am proud to call myself my husband's wife and proud to have his last name.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    Why do people get all riled up over absolutely nothing? It's like we LOOK for things to bytch abt
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    You should get some business of your own so you have something legit to be angry and passionate about instead of fb titles and other womens' wedding rings. Good luck with that.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 8, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    Who cares? Why does it affect your life so much?
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    Damn!
  • Jamie1972
    It annoys me too but I dont have a fit over it.
  • MyraEllen
    Dude, its so not worth getting this annoyed over Facebook stuff. Just saying.
  • wkukid
    by wkukid
    October 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    I used my wife's name on Facebook a year before we got married. I don't get why that bothers you.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    Plz. Im gon say my man is ,y hubs whether we is legal married or not. Idontgivafaq we is married were it really mattered and watz?
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    She can legally change her last name w/o actually getting married, you could change your name to Morgan le fey. It's Facebook no big deal.
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    October 8, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You're too Gangnam Style for me!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email