Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
April620
Is this normal for 6 days post partum?
October 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Just delivered my first child and now my hormones are going insane. I have cried multiple times the past few days, anything my husband says will set off some major water works.. Earlier I asked him to turn the tv down and he snapped at me about how he's deaf and I started bawling my eyes out, then he complained about the tv show I had on and I started crying again.

On the first day home from the hospital I was laying in bed with the sleeping baby and hubby went downstairs for a second, when he came back upstairs he found me crying (happy tears to have her home) and he instantly panicked and said "what's wrong!? What did you do?? Is she ok???" It really hurt me, like he was insinuating I had somehow hurt her :-/ I already am terrified of not being a good enough mom and literally the first day home he looked at me like he thought the same ... I know he's a nervous first time dad as well but his response was really uncalled for and really hurt my heart .. I thought he had complete faith in my parenting abilities but apparently not .. He's even been saying things like "shouldn't you wake her and feed her??? You need to feed her." Does he think I'd just let her starve if it wasn't for him??

Replies

• Aamy
    by Aamy
    October 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Totally normal yes. Congrats.

• Alliemad_3
    October 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    Welcome to the hormone crash. It's perfectly normal to be unstable.

He'll need to give you some leeway and you'll need to try to make yourself think rationally. He wasn't insinuating that you won't be a good mother or that you hurt your baby. I promise.

If it gets worse or doesn't start to slowly get better over the next few weeks, you need to address your feelings with your doctor. A few weeks of the baby blues is normal and expected. Anything that won't go away could be PPD and you'll need help. You and hubby need to do research on it and be on the same page as far as your feelings.

Good luck!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    Totally normal mama! Congrats!
  • April620
    October 8, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Quoting Aamy:

Totally normal yes. Congrats.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Normal, yes, but he needs to chill the heck out.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    It can be! I remember hiding all over the house and crying alone so no one could hear me. Hang in there mama and take care of yourself too!
  • LaLa_Ivory
    October 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    Normal. But also be aware of PPD signs.

Congrats!
  • MaryLu86
    October 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    This!

Quoting Alliemad_3:

Welcome to the hormone crash. It's perfectly normal to be unstable.

He'll need to give you some leeway and you'll need to try to make yourself think rationally. He wasn't insinuating that you won't be a good mother or that you hurt your baby. I promise.

If it gets worse or doesn't start to slowly get better over the next few weeks, you need to address your feelings with your doctor. A few weeks of the baby blues is normal and expected. Anything that won't go away could be PPD and you'll need help. You and hubby need to do research on it and be on the same page as far as your feelings.

Good luck!
  • April620
    October 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    I agree, it was beyond extremely offensive that he assumed I had done something to hurt her :-/ like I said it really hurt my heart and made me feel even more inadequate (sp?) .....

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal, yes, but he needs to chill the heck out.

• my123sons
    October 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    Ditto what the others said. You just had a massive amount of hormones go away all at once, so you will feel a little crazy for a while.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN