Mom Confessions

ButterMeUp
I stole in front of my DD today :/
October 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Today I went to the doctor's office. While I was waiting with my DD I took a couple finger fulls of those little packet things they keep on the counters. I'm used to the doctor taking 5-10 minutes to actually come in and see you. So when he just randomly came in, he caught me red handed dropping things in my bag. He ask if I was stealing I tried to play it off and lie. He ask were my rash was while he rightfully patronized me. As he wrote my prescription he called me a liar and a thief and said I was being a bad parent, which is all true. I took my DD and rushed out :/

I'm so fucking embarrassed and really just ashamed I stole in front of her. My mom always did that with me when ere we went anyplace that had little packets out. In fact all of my family does it. All I'm doing is being a hypocrite. I punished her for taking things that arn't hers but then I go teach her stealing is okay as long as it's little nick knacks. Yea that's positive reinforcement -.-

Why the hell am I so stupid :/

These packets, I took a couple finger fulls

Replies

• theycallmemom4
    October 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Your lucky he didn't call the cops and I'd find a new doctor.

• Mychele
    by Mychele
    What packets ??
  • AF2011
    by AF2011
    Oh wow. That is embarrassing!
  • MaMaBeArOnEoOne
    Woe wow.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Little packets of what ?
  • jpalmer
    by jpalmer
    October 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    What on earth did you take??? Bandaides???
  • Erna2
    by Erna2

What packet things? I am confused.... They have brochures at out docs, but they are there for us to take.

• ButterMeUp

Hold on. I'll take a picture :/

Quoting Mychele:

What packets ??

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    October 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Little packets of what ?
  • bcauseimthemom
    October 8, 2012 at 3:48 PM

You are a hypocrite. Why didn't you just woman up and remove the items you were stealing and put them back??  You could have made it a teaching moment and returned the stuff and apologized.  Instead you decided to teach her to lie and steal, great job MOM.

Mom Confessions