Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I HATE MY JOB!! :( *Warning*
by Anonymous
October 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Im an OB,Im 32 weeks 3days pregnant.Today,I had to tell my patient that was due just TWO days before me that her baby had no heartbeat! :( it killed me,i had to leave the room..I sat in my office and just bawled my eyes out! She had several miscarriages before this...im heartbroken for her.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    We're not sure,we wont know till tests are done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh my gosh .how sad what happend to the baby?

• Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    She gave me a big huge and thanked me for everything.She knew something was wrong which is why she came in today.When I looked at the screen I couldnt even speak,my eyes started to water and all I could say was "Im so sorry!"

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

How was she afterwards? I'm not sure I'd have been able to function after that.

• Anonymous 1
    October 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    I always call to check on my patients.I have also had a stillborn and 3 miscarriages so I know exactly how it feels.

Quoting Mychele:

Oh no. How terrible. It's one of those cons when choosing that career. Is it unprofessional to call in a day or so to see how she is doing ? I'm sure she would appreciate it. ((Hugs))

• Aydans_Mommy
    October 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM
    You seem like a very caring doctor. The world needs more doctors like you. Hugs
  • ColleenF30
    October 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

omg *hugs*

I was told that at 39 weeks. I can't imagine how the Doc felt telling me but I could see the tears in her eyes (and I already knew I was watching the ultrasound). *hugs again* I can't imagine how you could possibly be feeling.

• SweetMama823
    October 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    :(
  • MotherOF5Cuties
    October 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    OMG that's heartbreaking.
  • all2gethernow
    October 8, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    So very sorry. Tough job. Good luck to you tho!
  • tennisgal
    October 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

o...m...g. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for both of you. sorry you had to deliver such terrible news to an excited mom. 

• KME3
    by KME3
    October 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    That's awful. That poor woman. :( I couldn't imagine having to tell her that.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts